just joined

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Leslie M wrote
on Dec 18, 2008 8:32 AM

I'm Leslie Mendelson from Rochester, NY.  I've been weaving since 1974 and have both a Herald and Harrisville loom.  I spin, knit, crochet, and tat, do kumihimo and temari balls.  Right now I'm knitting a Fair Isle vest (Alice Starmore) which I love, and am about to start curtains for my french doors, which open out onto my deck.  I know this sounds ambitious, but I can always dream, can't I?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
NanZ wrote
on Dec 18, 2008 1:10 PM

well of course you can!!! i used to weave but had to give it up. back pain got too bad and i couldn't warp the loom any more. it was a harrisville that i put together myself from all the pieces. it was a blast to put it together--and then i knew how to take it apart when i sold it for a mere $1000. i cried as the girl drove away with it in her car.

i knit, crochet, cross stitch, needlepoint, swedish weaving. i have so many projects started...i need someone to sit with me and encourage me to finish them!! i have a yarn stash that is unbelievable!! i just went upstairs and put the last of the yarn in those big plastic containers--13 of 'em!!! 13!!!! at my age, i could stop buying now (fat chance) and still not use it all before i die!!!

it's the way of crafty people to have several different projects going. then, depending on the mood of the day, that chooses what you'll work on!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS