Ribby slipper socks question

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
carol@20 wrote
on Dec 21, 2008 7:47 AM

Hi,

I am making the ribby slipper socks in the Holiday Gifts 2008 magazine.  I am confused.  On the join the back of the heel am I picking up stitches.  Has anyone made these yet?  I checked the corrections section for the mag and none are listed.  I know this must be simple but am lost.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks and have a great day

Carol

Not Ranked
Posts 2
DebbieN wrote
on Dec 22, 2008 12:11 PM

Yes, I've made these slipper socks, in fact, I'm on my 7th pair!  Maybe the instructions make the join at the back of the heel sound more difficult than it really is.  Because it really is simple (really).  If you are using dpns (I used circular needles) divide the stitches between two needles, front and back.  With a third needle, place the needle through the front of the stitch on both the front and back needles and knit.  It's like "knit two together", only the  two stitches are from different needles.  There will be one stitch on the right needle.  Now do the same with the next stitches, only I pick them up from the back needle first, then the front needle and "purl two together".  You now have two stitches on the right needle.  Pull your first stitch over the second stitch for the bind-off.  Knit the next set of stitches off the front and back needles, and bind-off.  Continue a few more times and you're done, maintaining the knit one, purl one pattern as you bind off. And don't forget to make sure that you have the right sides of the sock facing one another.  It's a pain to have to tink bind-offs.

Hope this helps a little.

Debbie

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Dec 15, 2012 2:51 PM

Hi, I do not understand how to do the heel of these slippers. When I divide the stitches on my needles, the end of the yarn ends up in the middle of the row. Do I bind off the entire row or just the heel part? It seems like there will be a hole in the sides of my slipper. If someone could tell me how to do this!!!

Thanks

lace knitting

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS