Central Park Hoodie

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Trisanne wrote
on Aug 28, 2012 6:08 PM

Has anyone knitted the Central Park Hoodie?  I'm having great difficulty understanding some of the instructions.  What's particularly baffling is the instructions on page 3, top left corner, of the e-pattern.  I give up!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 624
salmonmac wrote
on Aug 29, 2012 6:03 AM

Can you give us just the troublesome directions and maybe someone can help? Tell us the problem you're having with them too.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Aug 29, 2012 4:17 PM

Trisanne, 

Checking the KAL for Central Park Hoodie, there are quite a few who did this kal.  Additionally you can go over to the KAL and especially at the last page are some of the pics knitters have posted.  You may find there may be an answer to your specific question if you read up a little over on the forum.  One of the posters wrote this below. 

cdn:
Hi Sherri,the actual KAL is over so you would be knitting on your own (I'm not sure how many people even check this thread any more) but you can certainly benefit from all the trials and errors of everyone else if you plough through all the posts. There are a lot of great tips there but I admit it would be a lot of reading. There is a pattern for one of the variations called viking cables on lisakayknits.blogspot.com/2008/02/cph-viking-version-cable-instructions.html if this is the one you are refering to. Go ahead and give the CPH a try...it's not that hard and it makes a really nice sweater. I've done two of them now and I am really happy with both of them. Good Luck and happy knitting.Catherine

Hope you get the help you need.  There is also this link over at Ravelry   http://www.ravelry.com/groups/central-park-hoodie-kal

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Trisanne wrote
on Aug 29, 2012 9:49 PM

Okay, first I have a stupid question.  Under Armholes, BO 4 sts at beg of next two rows.  I interpret this to mean BO 4 sts, then continue in pattern to the end of other side, then BO the last 4 sts.  Shoulders: BO 5 sts at beg of next 6 rows, then 0 (0,0,0,0,5,8,7) sts at beg of foll 2 rows.  Why does it say 0 sts at foll 2 rows?  That threw me off.  

Then it says:  Row 1 (RS) k14, pm, work Row 1 of Chart A over 10 sts, pm, K2, pm, work Row 1 of Chart A over 10 sts, K0 (0,0,0,0,1,1,1).  Why does it say K0?  

Row 2 (WS) PO (0,0,0,0,1,1,1), work Row 2 of Chart A, p2 (6,10,10,14,10,10, 14) work Row 2 of Chart A, p14 (14,14,18,18,24,32,36)  I don't understand PO (0 etc.)  Why place this there if it's zero?

Thanks for your assistance.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 624
salmonmac wrote
on Aug 30, 2012 3:29 AM

"Under Armholes, BO 4 sts at beg of next two rows." This means to bind off 4 sts and then work in pattern to the end of the row, turn as you normally do at the end of a row and begin the next row by binding off 4 sts, then work to the end of that row and go on to the next instruction. It's really only practical to bind off at the beginning of a row or else your working yarn is in the wrong place.

"Shoulders: BO 5 sts at beg of next 6 rows, then 0 (0,0,0,0,5,8,7) sts at beg of foll 2 rows. Why does it say 0 sts at foll 2 rows? That threw me off. "

As far as the directions to k0 or p0, it means there is nothing for you to do for your size. Skip this and go on to the next instruction. For the larger sizes, however, there are some sts to be worked before the pattern can continue on with the next steps.

Come back if you have more questions or if this isn't clear. It's a really cute pattern and looks like fun to do. Good luck with it!

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS