Icelandic Lace Shawl

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
nrcl3 wrote
on Sep 7, 2012 3:03 PM

I am working on the Icelandic Lace Shawl and having problems with row 14.  It says:

*k3tog, k3, yo, k2, yo, k2, k3*, 14 times more.  Then k3tog. rep. from *  to * 15 times.  then k3tog, k1.  You should end up with 334 sts.  You can't do it 15 times.  Maybe 6 is what I got.  Where did I go wrong?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

NJ Mom

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 616
salmonmac wrote
on Sep 9, 2012 4:37 AM

The row doesn't add up to 334 when finished. It takes 397sts to start the row and you end with 393sts. There's not an even number of repeats  of 13sts (the number of sts between the asterisks) if you use the 334 number. I get something between 12 and 13 repeats in each section. Check and see how many sts you have on the needle before you start the row. That may be a clue as to what's wrong with the row. It it's 397sts before you knit the row, then go ahead (the 334 must be incorrect). Remember, when you do this that the yo doesn't use up a stitch. You knit 3, bring the yarn over the needle and immediately k2, for example.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Nov 1, 2012 6:32 PM

Hi NJ Mom,

I just came across this errata note at the bottom of the page for the Icelandic Shawl.  http://www.knittingdaily.com/media/p/13991.aspx  It refers to an error in the chart on page 5 - the key for the hash symbol should read p1, k2, ppso.  However the WRITTEN row by row instructions are correct.  Correction was made 7/23/07. 

While reading your ? here I wondered if you saw this.  You probably finished by now.  I didn't look at the actual pattern so I don't know where this fits in relation to where you were having difficulty, maybe it had something to do with your stitch count.

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS