In the Round to Flat

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
James Ready wrote
on Sep 21, 2012 4:44 PM
I am doing a pattern that starts with knitting in the round on dpns. After Round 11 that pattern instructs: Leave rest of sts unknitted. Turn work to begin knitting flat. Are they asking me to knit back and fourth? If so how is that done when then ends are attached, I must be missing something here. Please Aid.
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Sep 21, 2012 7:17 PM

Hi JR,

At the beginning of your pattern there should be a subtitle where they indicate the MATERIALS you need to make your garment. May be, there, they are asking you, besides your dpns, a pair of circular needles for a specific number.

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 733
salmonmac wrote
on Sep 22, 2012 4:27 AM

Yes, it may also depend on how many sts you're to leave unworked and how many you're to continue knitting flat (or back and forth). If the sts to be worked back and forth fit on one dpn, you can just continue with two of the dpns. Leave the other st to hang out or put them onto scrap yarn until you need to work them. You start, as the pattern says, by turning the knit piece just as you would at the end of a row.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS