This post has 202 Replies | 41 Followers rated by 7 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,532
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Oct 3, 2012 6:25 PM

The Caret + Chevron Socks
The winner is the Caret + Chevron Socks!

Here's the schedule:

10/3–10/8: Download the pattern (or find it in Sockupied, Fall 2011), choose yarn, swatch.
10/9–11/6: Knit socks, weave in ends.
11/7–Forever: Wear your socks (or give them to a lucky, special someone!)

We love seeing photos, so post photos of your yarn, socks in progress, and definitely your finished socks! And if you're wondering how to insert a photo into a post, click here.

Here's how a knit-along works:
1. Download your pattern (or find it in a magazine or book if it was previously published).

2. Buy your yarn (or find it in your stash).

3. Log on to the forum (If you're reading this post, you're already here!), introduce yourself, and tell us which yarn you're using. This forum is where all of the fun is; it's where you'll share your tips, ask questions, or upload photos, and it's where you'll find support if you're having problems.

4. Post a photo of your finished socks when you're done.

It's as easy as that. Now let's get started!

Cheers,

Not Ranked
Posts 9
prizebird wrote
on Oct 3, 2012 9:47 PM

Hi!  I'm Sarah (prizebird on Ravelry) and I'm using Knit One Crochet Too Crock O Dye in 535 Green from my stash.  I haven't yet used a sock yarn with silk content so I'm looking forward to it!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LeleyD wrote
on Oct 3, 2012 10:43 PM

Hi - I'm Lesley (leley on Ravelry).  It's time I made some socks for myself so I'm in and will work toe up....

Not Ranked
Posts 1
CarolR@19 wrote
on Oct 4, 2012 5:51 AM

Yikes, ya'll.  I'm Carol in Kabul, Afghanistan, and I'm very excited about this project.  I ordered several of the less variegated Tosh Sock yarns last night form the states, so I hope my new stash gets here by the start date.  I want to keep up!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on Oct 4, 2012 8:20 AM

Hello, I'm Judy B, aka "Gumbiegal", from SE Wisconsin.  It's time to replenish my sock drawer for the upcoming Winter months.  The Caret & Chevron Socks will be the first of a few pairs that I intend to knit this Fall.  The yarn is ordered, needles are ready, and I'm "patiently" waiting for the yarn delivery. 

Judy B in SE WI

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Oct 4, 2012 11:04 AM

Hi, I'm Jane.  Have made only 2 pairs of socks using simple pattern, so am up for this challenge!  I have some dark green Happy Feet stashe, but am wondering if a lighter color would show the pattern better.    Any thoughts on that?

Not Ranked
Posts 2
gryet wrote
on Oct 4, 2012 11:39 AM

Hello: I´m Gry, (gryet on Ravelry) and the first pair I will knit in a yarn called Falk, from Dalegarn, Norway and the color is a delicious dark red #4227. Then I guess I´m hooked...Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 2
gryet wrote
on Oct 4, 2012 11:39 AM

Hello: I´m Gry, (gryet on Ravelry) and the first pair I will knit in a yarn called Falk, from Dalegarn, Norway and the color is a delicious dark red #4227. Then I guess I´m hooked...Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 3
perriaw wrote
on Oct 4, 2012 5:54 PM

My name is Perri. I live in Georgia. Recently, on a fall vacation, I purchased some Malabrigo sock yarn from Black Mountain Yarn Shop in Black Mountain, North Carolina. If you are ever in Black Mountain, it goes without saying, you must visit them. They are great! It's like visiting family. Anyway, my color is 800 Tiziano Red.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
bonitamahan wrote
on Oct 4, 2012 6:42 PM

I'm Bonita from California and I'm using Lion Brand Sock Ease in Green Apple.  I have only knitted a basic sock pattern once but I'm up for the challenge.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Oct 4, 2012 7:29 PM

Hi!  I'm Judy and I have finally found the perfect pattern to use the beautiful yarn that has been in my stash for several months.  So excited to finally use it.  This is the first time I have joined a knit along.  Hoping I can keep up!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Oct 5, 2012 3:57 AM

Kathleen,  I am a little confused.... I am reading thru the pattern for the Toe-Up version, and in the second paragraph (under Toe-Up) it says, "Work the first half and second half short-rows as for the toe-up sock heel until 1 wrapped st.... should't it read " Work the first half and second half short rows as for the TOP DOWN sock heel?  Perhaps I am misunderstanding something?  Thanks, Judy

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 8:24 AM

Wow, I watched the voting and it was easy to see, which sock pattern was getting all the votes. I am making these socks for my dear friend Carol, who lives in Ann Arbor, MI. She loves socks and especially socks that I make. I will decide on my yarn in a few days.

Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 9
tuckerkm wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 8:54 AM

This is my first knit-along, and I'm really excited.  I'm on Ravelry (kmt62), and I'll be using Jojoland Melody for this project.  Looking forward to swatching this weekend!  I need to study the pattern a bit more, as I'm not sure exactly which method I'm going to use.  I've never done the toes-up version, so I might be adventurous :-)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Maria Gomez wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 9:52 AM

This is María from Spain, Europe. It is my first KAL and Will be my first pair of socks.

I will use Prima Merino (100% Merino wool) in a lovely dark grey colour. Do you Think It will be suitable?

No sure of toe up or down version. Any recommendation?

Delighted with this proyect. Thank you!

Page 1 of 14 (203 items) 1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS