THE OFFICIAL CARET + CHEVRON SOCKS KNIT-ALONG POST

This post has 202 Replies | 41 Followers rated by 7 users
Not Ranked
Posts 7
on Nov 6, 2012 3:54 PM

Hi all!

Well, I guess today is the last official day of this KAL. Sad I'm sad to see it end; it's been a lot of fun. I got a good start on my socks, but after that, life sort of happened and I didn't get very far:

While this is only the first one, I'm very happy with how it's going and feel pretty confident and excited to continue on with the rest of it and the second one. I did have some challenge with the wrap and turn thing on the toe, but I think I got it figured out. I'm planning to use the method again on this heel and on both the toe and heel on the second sock. This was my first lacy project, first toe up sock, and first time with the wrap and turn short row heel...and, those are all working fine! Yay! I was in the mood for a knitting challenge when I started this, and can't wait to get back to it.

Thanks to all who have posted. I've enjoyed the good information, fun pictures...and everything!

Happy knitting and happy holidays to everybody! Cheers! Beer  

--Starmusicbear in SW Washington State

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 4:35 AM

Really!! The KAL is over?? Your sock looks great, you can see the pattern design with varigated yarn. Even through the KAL is over, I am asking that you consider posting your finish product. I would love to see the end result. I think we all learn from this exciting KAL, we knitted, solved knitting problems and were more than willing to help each other. This pattern was challenge for some, a breeze for others, and just plain fun for all of us.

So, happy knitting and a great holiday to you,

Sharon in Delaware

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
sarawutzke wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 9:07 AM

I'd love to post mine when I finish, it will motivate me to do so :)

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Nia wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 11:16 AM

I finished my socks but I still have technical problems with the camera and can't upload a picture Sad

Not Ranked
Posts 8
dubblugee wrote
on Nov 7, 2012 6:31 PM

Hi Starmusicbear!   Sorry to take so long to respond back to you but I had to stop working on my socks to make a baby gift for a little one that decided to come early!!  Anyway, your description was perfect.  That is exactly what I am doing.   For the baby gift, I made my first pair of baby booties.  They weren't knit in the round, but I had to use dpns because it was kind of a u-shape knitting project.   Even then my project ended up inside out.  I was knitting on the far side needle to start with.  But, I was too far into the project when I knew it was inside out and didn't want to start over.  Fortunately, I started the second bootie the same way, so my fix for the first one, worked for the second one as well.   I think now that I know what the problem is, I will be able to start my sock project over correctly.  Of course, now the KAL is over and I'll be starting from scratch on my own.   Hopefully, I will be able to pick up tips by going through the posts.   Thanks so much for your help and to the others that offered suggestions as well.   I've loved seeing everyone's finished socks.   Good luck on your next KAL!!  

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LeleyD Smile [:)] wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 6:28 AM

Well it took me longer than I hoped but they're pretty special and I'm well happy with the result.  Finished 13 Feb 2013.  Knitted in Lorna's Little Can of Paint sock yarn. chevron caret

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 12:42 PM

Dear LeleyD,

I am so glad that you finished the Chevron/caret socks. Great job.

Sharon

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 74
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 16, 2013 8:05 PM

Congratulations, LeleyD!!  I know you will wear them with great pride.

Judy in SE Wisc.

Page 14 of 14 (203 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14 | RSS