THE OFFICIAL CARET + CHEVRON SOCKS KNIT-ALONG POST

This post has 202 Replies | 41 Followers rated by 7 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 52
millswis wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 10:17 AM

Dear Maria,

I have found that top down version is  an easier to start with, especially for your first sock. I am sure that others may disagree. But, one thing I am sure about is, you will enjoy the knit along. The yarn and color sounds wondrful. Welcome to the Knit a-long.

Sincerely, Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 11
bgroulx wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 10:46 AM

I now have the pattern in hand!  I have plenty of sock yarn in my stash and I'll need assistance for this KAL since this will be my first official pair of hand knitted socks.  I've made slippers a-plenty but I've wanted to make socks for awhile now.  Thanks Kathleen, et al, I can hardly wait to get started :)  I am Briggie on Ravelry and Brigette to friends and family.  Cheers!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
mclark601 wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 12:49 PM

I'm Kaykes (ravelry) and I have made many pairs of socks but thought it would be fun to do the KAL. I am using Prism Merino Mia (my favorite sock yarn) in the color Peony. They should be great.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 52
millswis wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 2:16 PM

I also have plenty of sock yarn in my stash. I will be using Mini Mochi, which is a machine washable yarn. 80% Merino wool and 20% Nylon. It is a beautiful yarn with layers of earth tone. Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 2
escondido wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 4:48 PM

Hi, I'm Jan from San Diego. This will be my first KAL. Not sure I'll finish 2 whole socks, but I'm going to try! I have some mink (yes, real mink!) yarn in my stash that I think might work. Can't wait to get home from work and go through the whole sock yarn stash!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Oct 5, 2012 5:03 PM

I'm Laura, amazingwoman on ravelry, and I'll be doing toe-ups for me(!) with Arequipa, a superwash sock yarn in rather orangish autumnal colors which I received in an online swap years ago.  Amazing what you can find in your stash!

I've been knitting a long time, but this is my first KAL.  I'm quite looking forward to it.

Knit on!.....Laura 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
perriaw wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 8:07 PM

So...how much yarn will the gauge swatch take? I only have 440 yards of yarn.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
DoreenG@2 wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 8:17 PM

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
DoreenG@2 wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 8:22 PM

Hi Everyone    The above picture is from me just learned how insert it but forgot a message, I am using knitpicks capraetta very soft this is good color for my first socks Oh i invested in Addi 8 inch needle i am unablke too do on 4 pointed needles i have tried so much  I am very happy with this needle and i finallt get to knit socks Well i went on egnough looking forward to see everyone socks

thanks doreen

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 36
vehuddle wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 9:03 PM

I am using Berroco Comfort Sock in black.  I will be doing 2-at a time toe-up socks on 2 circular needles.

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
fort0093 wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 9:13 PM

I'm Dana (fort0093 on here and Ravelry).  I'm excited for another knit a long!  I participated in the Koolhaas hat earlier in the year and it was a lot of fun!  I'll be using Paton's Classic Wool- Dk superwash in a Mocha brown color.  I hope the pattern shows up ok!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
fort0093 wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 9:14 PM

To Laura who is using the Arequipa,  what a beautiful color!!  Can't wait to see the how the socks turn out

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Oct 5, 2012 10:00 PM

Hello everyone!. My name is Liz and this will be my first pair of socks.  I ordered Knitpicks "Stroll Sock Yarn" in pumpkin.  I will be doing this pair using the top-down method, 2 at a time using 1 circular needle. At least that is the plan. LOL.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
dubblugee wrote
on Oct 5, 2012 11:13 PM

Hi, I'm Wendy.  I've never made socks before so I'm hoping this will be a good experience.  Can't think of a better group to learn from.   I'm using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in Black Watch.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 52
millswis wrote
on Oct 6, 2012 9:27 AM

I have changed my mind concerning the type of yarn I was going to use for the Knit A-long. I was going to use Mini Moochi, but due to the rich variegated earth tone colors, the definition of the design was not pronounced. So, it is back to my sock yarn stash to see what will work better. I will keep you posted.

sharon

Page 2 of 14 (203 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS