THE OFFICIAL CARET + CHEVRON SOCKS KNIT-ALONG POST

This post has 202 Replies | 41 Followers rated by 7 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
prizebird wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 9:30 AM

Now I've knit 12 rounds of the cuff and have completed two full repeats of the pattern.  I am still very happy with my yarn choice, and it looks great except that my ssks look distinctly different from my k2togs...it's a different maneuver I know, but the difference seems more pronounced on this project than when I've done it before.  I will post pics when I get a little farther along.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
bgroulx wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 10:12 AM

Oooo, this is beautiful.   One of my favorite colors!   Please continue to post pictures :)

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Oct 10, 2012 10:59 AM

Last Christmas, down in Gatlinburg w/ the family, I found a little yarn shop w/ all kinds of yarn. I got a couple skeins of 'possum yarn. I've been looking ever since for the perfect sock pattern for it. The chevron pattern is IT. Thanx

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ctchris wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 11:31 AM

I was interested in these needles also and found them on this website.  They run from US sizes 0-5, cost 13.50 to 15.95 and they said free shipping.http://www.addineedleshop.com/addi_needles/addi_circulars/turbo_circular.html. I'm pretty excited about them since I can use dp's but it's slow going having to stop with each needle switch over. Chris

Not Ranked
Posts 3
ctchris wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 11:36 AM

hi I'm Chris from Connecticut.  I'll be making a top down pair with some stroll tonal from knit picks.  They will be a christmas present for one of my daughters.  Now if only I can get my hands on some of those 8 inch addi circs!  I'm totally jonesing for them now that I know they exist!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MaryF@67 wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 11:52 AM

SmileHI!!  I'm Mary, (crazyfriz) on ravelry..I am so excited to join..this is my first KAL..I have knit only a couple of pairs of basic socks, so this is my first "patterned" sock.  I am starting with top down to get in the groove and hopefully do toe up for the second sock.  I am using some hand dyed superwash merino sock from Skeindalous on etsy, that was dyed for my favorite LYS.  It is called Captain Stash.  It is variegated red, gray, tealy blue.. Captain America colors.  I'm using dpn.  I have cast on, and am doing the ribbing right now. Hopefully can learn to post pictures here when I'm further along!!

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
sarawutzke wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 1:56 PM

I started the socks top down with magic loop size 2 addi, but just ordered the 8 inch from the site referenced above and will switch over-I hope they're as awesome as I think they'll be. Socks will be even more speedy!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 72
gumbiecat wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 4:08 PM

My fingering weight yarn and 1.5 needle order arrived yesterday from Webs, and I started knitting the first sock this morning.  I don't recall knitting socks with a yarn that is so fine!  I'm using a "Berroco Ultra Alpaca Fine" fingering weight yarn in a medium brown color.  The yarn is 50% wool, 20% super fine alpaca and 30% nylon.  I'll try to get a photo posted soon.   Judy in SE WI

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 43
fort0093 wrote
on Oct 10, 2012 7:43 PM

Did my swatch... not liking my yarn choice of Paton's superwash-better for a thicker pair of socks.  Guess its off to the LYS tomorrow for the good stuff!  Once I get going I plan on knitting toe up magic cast on n magic loop too slick not to.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 10:39 AM

An update, I am making progress on my KAL sock. I have completed the leg and heel portion of the pattern, the pattern was difficult and I found that you really have to pay attention to the rows. Later today, I will start the second section of the sock (pattern for the leg and st st for the heel). This first sock maybe completed by the weekend and the second sock will be easier, mainly due to the fact, I have made lots of notes. How are the rest of you coming? Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 9
bonitamahan wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 11:04 AM

Misswis,

Can you post a photo of your progress so I can see what it is suppose to look like?  I am new at knitting socks and have only done a simple pattern.

Thank you,

Bonita

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
millswis wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 11:47 AM

Dear Bonita,

Here you go, I have attached two photos. One of the KAL sock front and one of the KAL back and the heel. Let me know what you think.

Sincerely,

Sharon

Not Ranked
Posts 9
tuckerkm wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 12:11 PM

I just started knitting my socks!  I'm doing the top-down version.  So, I've knit my cuff, and I'm ready to start the leg.  One question when reading the chart...do I read the chart from left to right, or from right to left??  does it matter?  I thought that when you knit in the round you read from right to left, but I wanted to confirm with the more experienced knitters in this forum!  ThanksBig Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 9
tuckerkm wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 12:13 PM

Beautiful!! Love the color!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
prizebird wrote
on Oct 11, 2012 12:16 PM

Always read charts right to left when knitting in the round!  Here is my progress after 12 rows of cuff and 5 pattern repeats (out of 7 planned before the heel).  I'm scared about the short row heel since I've only tried one once before and it came out so ugly I frogged it back and did my tried-and-true heel flap and gusset.  I am hoping it goes better this time!

Page 6 of 14 (203 items) « First ...  < Previous  4 5 6 7 8  Next >  ... Last » | RSS