Back on board after being off a while...

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 6
saintxmom wrote
on Jan 10, 2013 10:01 AM

I've been on and off knitting the last few months.  I have been a bit overwhelmed seeing to the needs of my aging mom, placing her in the right care, and selling her home, etc.  In the midst of all of this and working full-time and raising a family, I have gotten in a weird place with my knitting.  I love my knitting, crocheting (some), etc.  However, now I feel in a real non-complacent rutt.  I can't seem to find the right project to get excited about again.  I do not like this feeling.  I have loads of yarn, and now have a wonderful wood/glass cabinet to store my stash in.  So...there it sits, and I just can't get started for some reason.  Do any of you guys have any words of wisdom?  Thank you! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 726
salmonmac wrote
on Jan 10, 2013 7:30 PM

It can be overwhelming dealing with all parts of the family at once. You've just come through and maybe are still going through a very difficult time. It could be that it's just hard to concentrate on knitting projects and patterns right now. Take some time, look at what you have and maybe glance at some knitting patterns or magazines. Something will pop out at you when the time is right. I think we've all been in similar situations or can appreciate the feeling. All the best.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS