New here and new to knitting

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
bookwormsub wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 12:08 PM

Hello all. I originally signed up in 2009 when I was first learning to knit, but I didn't stick with it. So now I think I want to try to learn to knit again and this time I'll stick with it - I hope. I think I dropped it before when I couldn't get the hang of knitting as quickly as I hoped. I know...I know...silly, right? Anyway, I have a set of size 8 straight needles and some varigated purple yarn (worsted weight) and will use that to practice with. Anyway, my name's Kim and I'm from Florida. I hope to make shawls and fingerless gloves and blankets eventually.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,804
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 15, 2013 12:13 PM

hi bookwormsub,

hope you do stick this time, ha ha.  Sometimes when we have little changes in our routines, it does allow us to go back and pick up some skill we wanted to develop but did not have time for.  So maybe your life is a little simpler now in some way and hopefully you will enjoy and spend more time at knitting and here with us as well.  You will get help if you need it any day or any hour.  So I for one, am hoping to get so see some of your finished projects and might post pics as well for us on the Fabulous Project completed lately thread under Knitting Chat.  Come and visit anytime or just look thru some of the other pics knitters have put up.  Take care and write us back on your progress! 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS