Kniiting a Diagonal Scarf Question

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
SaraJK wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 6:54 PM

I have started to knit a diagonal scarf so I can have something mindless to do while accompanying my sister for  surgery. I thought I understood how to do it but then looked it up on online and am now confused. I thought that to start you increase the first and last stitch of every row.  Is that correct or do you knit your increases at the beginning and end of every other row.  How would those two methods differ in the way they look?

Also after this section of the scarf I understand that I will increase at the beginning and decrease at the end of every other row.   What do I do for the final section of the scarf?  Would I decrease at the beginning and end of each row to match the beginning section?

Thanks so much for your help. 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Jan 16, 2013 8:09 PM

Hi Sara,

I think you should make the increases and decreases just on the RS, not every row. Why don't you make a try with both: RS and every row? You may choose the one that you like the most. Of course, if you make the increases every row, it will grow faster than just on the RS (every two rows). Hope it helps you.

Send my best wishes to your sister.

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS