I am a new knitter and having a problem with curling.

This post has 1 Reply | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 17, 2013 8:52 AM

Hi, I have knitted a couple of scarfs with ruffle yarn and other types of yarn, but I am now working on a scarf with Deborah Norville serenity yarn. I am doing the knit one row, purl one row pattern because I wanted to get the hang of the purl stitch since I just learned it. I am about 16 inches into the scarf and having a problem with curling. When I looked it up on the internet, the suggestions were to use knit stitches on the end of the each row or alternate a knit and purl stitch on each end to stop the curling. However since I am in the middle of the scarf, can I change the pattern on the ends now and still have the scarf look okay? Or does anyone have any other suggestions? Or if when I keep knitting it without changing the pattern is there something I can do when I am finished to correct the curling? I would really appreciate any advice. I have an even number of 22 stitches on each row. Thank you so much!!! 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,770
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 18, 2013 1:11 AM

hi nikki,

Type in "curling" in the search box at top right of page.  You get 5 pages of posts dealing with methods to stop this annoying problem.  Sometimes you want curling but when you don't it isn't fun, is it?  Here is the link to the pages http://www.knittingdaily.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?q=curling 

You'll read about different solutions and hopefully pick the one that suits your need. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS