Yarn Bowls

This post has 3 Replies | 3 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
jpbellavance wrote
on Jan 20, 2013 11:57 AM

My mother is an avid knitter but also a professional potter. She started making these yarn bowls with animals, sheep, and other themes.

I know this is a link to a website selling something. I am not sure though how to introduce her work into the knitting community and her experience with computers is almost nil. I hope you will look at the link but will understand that it may just be deleted.

www.theartisanshandpottery.com

Thanks,

Jesse Bellavance

Not Ranked
Posts 4
kheister wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 11:28 AM

Beautiful!

Has she thought of selling them through Etsy? Might reach a larger audience.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 694
salmonmac wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 4:12 PM

Etsy is a good idea. The website you linked to seems to be working as I notice one design is sold out. What about trying local yarn stores? or advertising on knitting websites? They're beautiful bowls, very fine with lovely patterns. Thanks very much for the llink.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Jan 21, 2013 9:39 PM

Hi Jesse,

We have many farmer markets scheduled on different days of the week all over the many cities here.  We just go online to find out what days the markets are going to open for which area.  You should try this - so many artisans come and sell their crafts at these markets.  Making personal contact with customers this way is a good way for getting repeat customers.  Hand out your cards as well, so people can contact you or go online to your website to find out where you will be.  You could post those dates and places for people who check your website.  I know some jewelry craftsmen that do this as well as other ceramic artists.  Warmer weather is coming for your area - here we have outdoor farmer markets all year, but maybe you even have large indoor ones as well.  Many cities do, then you could get a permanent stall.  Cool

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS