newbie knitter

This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
gypsy_friend wrote
on Jan 22, 2013 7:02 AM

It's been a lifelong dream to become a knitter (I'm 52) and this year I'm gonna do it! I'm from N WI (-18 right now, temp-wise). I own a cat.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 716
salmonmac wrote
on Jan 23, 2013 4:35 AM

Well welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. Knit fast and stay warm.

(It feels like -18 in my kitchen this morning.)

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Kdela1212 wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 4:13 AM

Welcome! I consider myself a newbie too, starting knitting this past October. I'm so glad I did, it really relaxes me and I'm so proud when I finish a project (even if I mess up). It's never too late to learn :)

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Somdlady wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 4:45 AM

Newbie here too. Currently working on a scarf and a washcloth. Wish I had more time to devote. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Somdlady wrote
on Feb 3, 2013 4:45 AM

Newbie here too. Currently working on a scarf and a washcloth. Wish I had more time to devote. 

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Stacy-b-good wrote
on Feb 23, 2013 10:57 PM

Hello gypsy_friend,

I am a kind of "born again newbie". I was much more experienced several years ago--just verging on Intermediate level--then life happened and I am back down to the basics. It is a wonderful feeling when a lifetime's aspiration comes to fruition they tell me. I haven't had one of those happen yet, but I'm young yet (only 35).

I hope you feel welcome here and will add me as a Knitting Daily friend so we can chat more and swap "shop talk" and fun stuff like that.

--Stacy

Not Ranked
Posts 1
hamishella wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 7:29 AM

Hello! I started knitting, on and off for the last three years. I was stuck on only knitting scarves in rib/stocking stitch, thinking I could never understand patterns, then I bought a book with everything in it (by DK Publishing), now i'm knitting a cable sweater! So glad, it's not as hard as it looks once you understand the terms!

Glad I found this site too, the patterns are beautiful! 

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS