!RACER BACK TOP (proposed non-official kal) Lisa Hoffman

This post has 105 Replies | 3 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 5, 2013 9:08 PM

Hi All,

Yeah we started - so glad.  Merlich, Thanks for answering question.  Yes, I was concerned re the Chart 1, but it looks like it wouldn't be difficult to remember.  Sharon, So are you saying the the bottom would tend to roll up?  Oh no.  Well if that is the case I'll have to go with the other way.  I'm hoping it wouldn't though. 

Will check back for your reply.  Thanks. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 8:18 AM

hi all, this is odd, its the 3rd attempt to reply and each time after a few words, it blipped itself. oh well. that's technology for you!

i was worried about the bottom rolling. i read somewhere, sometime a while back and of course cannot remember where......that sometimes the side seams hold the garment in place and give it structure. i had thought of doing it in the round also, so it would be prettier without the side seam break in the pattern.

started mine last night and got almost 2" done. again i was worried that it looked like it was rolling up, so i decided to press it a little with a damp cloth. flattened out perfectly so i think that worry is gone.

zass, one of my thoughts about knitting in the round was to do a purl row to anchor the bottom, then start with the pattern. does that make sense? not sure if it would work, but thinking it would keep it from rolling. also, when following the chart, the right side is where the pattern is more difficult. the wrong side is only knits or purls. you wont have a hard time following the chart if you decide to go in the round.

merlich i also cast on with cable cast on. i tend to like that the best, like the nice finished edge it creates.

let me know what you both decide to do, and how it works out.

xox

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 6:31 PM

Hi All,

I've been checking: my own swatch, I was al VK360°, and we are doing ok. There is no matter whether we knit in the round or back and forth. The bottom won't roll up. Uff! We have to measure our swatches thoroughly so our garment is not tensioned and the bottom won't roll up. I've been observing closely the video al VK and they used the cable cast on just like us. Yes!!  Yes We have to take into consideration the top goes loose not tighten. Big Smile

So, girls... we can continue with no worries.  Yes

Enjoy your knitting!!

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 6:35 PM

Hi girls,

Thanks for the info tips and all Sharon.  I did cast on the full amount of stitches for in the round.  Also did the scan and copy of charts and color code stitches.  I guess I had that on my mind and was worrying about doing stitches in round thinking about converting them but now that I took a closer look (with glasses on) at the odd number rows I see they are all plain stitches, so that is great.  Also chose the cable cast on.  Did you start yours in the round or flat?  I was thinking too, maybe could use provisional cast on and then add to the bottom later?  But it sounds like your pressing solved the roll.

I wonder which one Merlich chose flat or round?  So that's it for now.  Yes

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 6:39 PM

Hi Merlich,

Your post came thru just 4 minutes before mine, while I was still writing, so I didn't see your post til ust now and that you think round will be no problem.  So there's the answer!  Thanks for checking it out so well and Sharon's tips too.  xoxoxoxoxoxo

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 6, 2013 7:05 PM

Hi ZassZ,

I am glad you've seen it. I was worried about you could see it before supper. Yeah!!!

Have a nice evening!!!  Smile

Merlich

Patience, persistence and love are the main ingredients for wonderful knittings.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 7, 2013 8:45 AM

good morning ladies!

http://www.stringyarns.com/classes.php

just came across strings, which is an interesting yarn shop in nyc. under the first class, i notice lisa hoffman? "our" lisa? i plan to check the shop out once the weather gets better, and maybe by then i will have finished our kal and wear my finished tank in. show her what we have been up to?

so did everyone cast on and start?

sharon

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 12:32 AM

Hi ladies,

Yes, it looks like everybody has casted on and knitted some rows. It looks so beautiful.

Yogama, after I read your post, I began to imagine you arriving to the store where Lisa teaches and wearing the tank top. It would be fantastic!! Are you serious? Will you? Hahaha!!

Have a nice day!!!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 8, 2013 3:41 PM

Hi girls,

Oh yea you should!  ha ha what a fun thing to do!  How are you both doing so far!  Looks like this week end will be a good one for knitting.  All sorts of crazy unpredictable weather patterns.  Is is snowing by your house yet, Sharon?  Reports of hail and snow around the foothills came in today.  Not anything close to what I read Boston is getting.  Oh, dear, the toboggan race may be cancelled.  But they will have lots of fresh snow for later.  Is the sun shining by you today, Merlich? 

My rows are looking pretty   click!  click !

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 9:52 AM

good morning and its monday already!

absolutely i will go to strings and find lisa and show off my top and tell her about our kal! that will be fun. but on a nice warm, spring day! right now we have snow, with cold rain on top. it was a crazy weekend here. we headed out for nh just ahead of the storm. no problems at all. the roads were find and noone was out, since the media did a good job of scaring everyone away. we had a fun weekend and then ski areas were not crowded at all, since noone was there!

i didn't knit on my tank at all this weekend. i had some easy socks i was working on in the car though. always something, right?

how are you doing? making progress?

xox, sharon

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 11, 2013 9:11 PM

Hi Sharon,

I support you!!! Try to go accompanied with someone who can take a film so you can always remember Lisa's face and yours as soon as she sees you get in the LYS wearing the top. StarStarStar

I am glad you enjoy your weekend that way!!

I didn't work on the top neither. I've been ill, laryngitis. My hands were in pain too. I decided to rest and get well. So, we are even.

Then, down to work girls!  Hahaha!!

Enjoy your knitting!!

XOXO!!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Feb 12, 2013 11:24 PM

Hi Merlich and Sharon,

That is an excellent idea about video!  How funny and then, Sharon you will have to email it to us so we can SEE it. HA HA  now I am laughing - funny joke, but I know you get it.  Take your hubby with you and then your son will upload it for you.  Wink 

So how are you both doing?  Is your laryngitis better Merlich?  I am so hoping you are improving.  Just rest, we'll all be here soon.  Wishing you a good & restful nite.  Sleep 

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 13, 2013 8:01 PM

Hi ZassZ,

How have you been, ZassZ? Thank you for your concern about me. I am doing better. As I want to end up with this annoying laryngitis I am drinking the ginger brew. I hope my voice can be again the same as always, hahaha!!

Thank you for being here for me!!  I am also here for you!! Wink

Changing the subject. How long is your knitting now? I haven't had the chance to knit a stitch. As soon as I am done here, I'll keep on with mine.

Now the question is:  who is ahead between you and Sharon. It looks so beautiful that I would like to knit it faster than I can.

Enjoy your knitting!!!

XOXOXO!!!

Merlich

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 651
yogama wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 6:42 AM

good morning merlich and zass,

merlich are your hands better? and your voice? voice is not as important as the hands!

and how about you zass? energy back and feeling better?

i have not workd on our project for a week now. working on ankle socks for my son. i have one done and trying to finish the other so i can get back to the tank. i just love the color! reminds me of spring. the birds are starting to sing in the mornings here. love this time of year. merlich where do you live? i know you mentioned it before, but i forget. sorry! zass is california and i am new jersey - so we are scattered all over.

happy valentine's day!

sharon

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 407
Merlich wrote
on Feb 14, 2013 1:00 PM

Hi Girls,

Sharon: Thank you for your concern about my health. My hands are much better now, not totally well but better; and my voice is already throaty. But, like you say: it is not that important.

I've been doing other things while my hands are well again. So, our project is in pause by now. Big Smile

I live in Mexico, City; an hour after yours: you are UTC-5 and I am UTC-6.

ZassZ: How are you? Are you feeling better? We haven't heard from you! I hope you are resting to get well soon! Send you lots of hugs and kisses!!

I wish you a Happy Valentine's Day too!!

Merlich

Page 2 of 8 (106 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS