help with a pattern

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
myp wrote
on Feb 4, 2013 12:07 PM

I'm a bit new when it comes to following patterns and I'm stuck with a baby JIffy knit sweater

on row 30 it says: K25, put these sts on stich holder for front, K30(sleeve; divide remaining sts onto 3 stich holders-49 for back, next 30 sts for other sleeve, and remaining 25 sts for other front.

ok so when you put the 25 stitch on a holder are you supposed to connect another ball of yarn or continue using the current one to continue knitting those next K30? 40 ect?

I'm a bit puzzled now because next it says to work on the sleeves,(work in stockinette for 4 inches) and the yarn is at the end of the front?

Please email me at born2rite1@aol.com with your answer. Thanks Marianne

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Nrhaller wrote
on Feb 4, 2013 12:17 PM

When you divided up the stitches according to pattern onto holders, you did this while stitches were on your left needle, correct? Once you have the stitches all on holders, you should go back to the first stitches you placed on a holder, the sleeve stitches, and put them back on your left needle, so you are ready to knit again. Your yarn should still be ready to work as normal. Hope this helps!

Rae

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 648
salmonmac wrote
on Feb 5, 2013 5:01 AM

MYP, welcome to Knitting Daily!

As I read it, you knit the first 25, place on a holder, knit the next 30, place on a holder, knit the next 49, place on a holder etc. When you're finished, the yarn is at the end of the front. (probably the feft front). Break the yarn, put the sleeve sts back on the needles and knit the sleeve with a new end of yarn. You can put both sets of sleeve sts on the needles and knit them both at the same time with two new strands of yarn if you would like (that'll make sure that they're the same length and have the same shaping).

One easy thing to do is to follow this sequence of knitting but only place the fronts and back on holders and leave the sleeves on the right needle as you knit the 30 sleeve sts so that they'll be ready to work on once the rest is on holders.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS