Lacy prayer shawl

This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Feb 18, 2013 8:07 PM

Hi  Kathleen, I notice on pattern it doesn't tell you how many stitches to cast on. Row 3 has more markers that were called for in row 1,  Im really confused.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 135
chewchew wrote
on Feb 19, 2013 5:19 AM

Are you talking about the Lacy Prayer shawl that was in a free pdf of three prayer shawls?  If so you cast on 5 stitches.  On the first row you place 4 markers and on the third row there are four markers.  I usually highlight on my pattern where the markers are mentioned - helps me keep track of them - might work for you. If this isn't the pattern - if you could post the instructions as they appear - that would help someone determine what is the problem.  A lot of great people here who are great detectives at solving pattern mysteries.  

Cast on 5 stitches.

Row 1: (RS): K2, pm, YO, pm,

K1, pm, YO, pm, K2.

R ow 2: K2, P3, K2, slipping

markers as you come to them.

Row 3: K2 sl m, YO, K to next

marker, YO, sl m, K1, sl m, YO,

K to next marker, YO, sl m, K2.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Krolowa wrote
on Oct 4, 2013 8:43 PM

To the posters on the prayer shawl blog/forums, just wanted to say that I am a new subscriber to the "Knitting Daily" website and I am happy to find a prayer shawl reference.  I have been knitting these shawls and encouraging others to do so for many years.  Last Sunday I helped a church member who has Parkinson's to fix her the shawl she was working on for her grandson.  She is in a nursing home and still finds that she can do something for her loved ones by knitting although it is getting more difficult for her.  I spent a wonderful hour with her unraveling the shawl until we got to a good place, but at the same time she unraveled her life story, which was very interesting.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience in helping folks with disabilities of any kind (physical, mental, or both) to knit.  Any advice would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS