The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
Lianewobito wrote
on Mar 9, 2013 8:11 AM

for all the people who are having trouble calculating the increases -  there is an APP for that ( always wanted to say that Smile )  It's called Knit Evenly - you enter your total # of stitches and the # of stitches to increase and then hit calculate and it figures out two options  for you. As an added bonus it will also guide you through it stitch by stitch. It is a great app, and I think it's free. ( I've had mine for so long, I can't remember)

Other apps I have found helpful - Stitch Minder, Ewe Stash, Yardage Calc

enjoy!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
herzleid wrote
on Mar 9, 2013 9:09 AM

Anna PS:

Are there any otter European girls in this KAL?

Anna Petra from Zaandam (the Netherlands)

*raises a hand*  I'm from Sweden. =)

I've been lurking the thread for this KAL for a week or so now. I have been swatching my gauge in two different yarns from my stash and now I have trouble deciding which one to do. Leaning towards Viking Bjørk (90% cotton/10% merino machine washable) in turquoise. Unfortunately, I'm in the middle of a lace project and am having trouble putting it down to start this to follow the KAL... Will keep watching the thread though, for tips and inspiration from the finished projects posted. =)

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 9, 2013 4:36 PM

Lianewobito:

How can I thank you for those fabulous apps!  Now, in the middle of the KAL, I must inventory all my yarn for Ewe Stash.  I often have 2-3 of those little row counters going at once for Row #, Row increase #,  # of increases.  I am sure you know the drill.  This is great!  Having a record of my yarn at home when I get to the knit store and see a great new pattern will be so helpful.  I am a happy camper (oops, I mean knitter)!!

Peggy D

Not Ranked
Posts 12
TerrieR wrote
on Mar 9, 2013 10:54 PM

I have been swatching with my yarn, and it biases badly once it is washed.  I'm trying to decide if I should go for it anyway, adjusting the pattern to account for severe yarn biasing, or if I should bite the bullet and order new yarn.   Also, for those who are knitting this completely in the round, how noticeable is the beginning/ending of the rounds where you change from knit to purl and vice versa?  From what I can see, this happens front and center.  Has anyone done any modifications to make this less noticeable?  Changed the spot for beginning of the round?  Done something else miraculous?  I would love to hear from you while I try again to sort out my yarn issues!  BTW, Lisaelle, did you say you were in Silver Spring, Maryland?  So am I!  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 8:01 AM

I am doing the same thing.

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 8:14 AM

I did not see any reason to move my marker either-  which sets up for dividing for armholes in row  24.  Since I have left out the keyhole, the whole row is the same at this point and the armhole can be placed at any location.

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Lianewobito wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 8:33 AM

You're welcome Peggy.  It's addictive isn't it?  lol Big Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 9:16 AM

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the wonderful apps. Props to you and happy knitting! :)

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 60
on Mar 10, 2013 9:47 AM

Hi,

I am Linda and this is my fifth KAL...Love how much I learn...I decided to use Plymouth Jeannee in salmon color...I have worked with it before and it washes well and keeps its shape...It doesn't grow on you either...Have to use size 7 needle...I am between sizes so this should compensate for the difference...Swatch is done and I am ready to start...Happy stitching everyone !!!SmileYes

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 11:27 AM

For anyone who is interested in adding long sleeves to this top, there is a very similar pattern at Garnstudio Drops

www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/pattern.php?id=4401&lang=en#pattern_content

that describes how to do it.  Just thought it might be helpful.

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 10
dberthelot wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 12:23 PM

Thank you so much for sharing.  It gives me an idea for lengthening the sleeves.  

Diane

Not Ranked
Posts 10
dberthelot wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 12:27 PM

Thanks so much for sharing and reminding some of us that already had the app but forgot!   I've been struggling along counting and figuring when I could have used my app.  I am excited about the Ewe Stash app though.  You have all shared so many great ideas. Can you tell this is my first KAL?

Diane

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 2:07 PM

TerrieR:

I also am knitting in the round without the keyhole.  In Row 33 of the pattern, it changes the start point to the middle of the back (just below the keyhole for those making it)  I am sure this is to avoid that little "jump" from being in the front under the keyhole.  Anyhow, I didn't do that--just kept knitting in the round.  The tee is the same, front and back--same # of st.  So, when I am finished, I can wear it with the "back" in the front.  The jump of the sts is not very obvious, but I think this would depend on your yarn. 

I am so much enjoying those apps!  Who knew???  I'm glad someone did!!

Peggy D.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
TerrieR wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 2:40 PM

Thanks, Peggy!  I think I have gotten my yarn issues sorted (changed yarns!) so plan to start this tonight--depending on how busy work is this evening!  I will do as you suggest and just knit it around, deciding once it's complete if the jog should go to the center back!  I will also take your suggestion to add in those extra six stitches.

Terrie in MD

Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Mar 10, 2013 4:54 PM

Sewdove:
Anyhow, I didn't do that--just kept knitting in the round.  The tee is the same, front and back--same # of st.  So, when I am finished, I can wear it with the "back" in the front.  The jump of the sts is not very obvious, but I think this would depend on your yarn. 

Thanks, Terrie. This is very helpful!

Page 12 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  10 11 12 13 14  Next >  ... Last » | RSS