The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 11:48 AM

sjc:

For anyone who is interested in adding long sleeves to this top, there is a very similar pattern at Garnstudio Drops

www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/pattern.php?id=4401&lang=en#pattern_content

that describes how to do it.  Just thought it might be helpful.

Sherry

Thank you Sherry! That is perfect! :)

Robin

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 89
DeborahC53 wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 12:59 PM

That is so pretty.  Really feminine looking.  Great job!

Lianewobito:

It's done.  I used some leftover baby yarn just to see what it would work out to look like. I actually like the way it turned out with this yarn. The next one I will probably make out of cotton and add a bit of a sleeve to it. I'm a "fluffy" girl, so a little bit longer sleeve would be better on me, although I WILL wear this one too. Wink

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Amy1222 wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 1:09 PM

Very pretty! I'm in...finally! I purchased Southwick from Valley Yarns in a light teal color. It is 52% cotton, 48% bamboo,and I'm nervous about the "growing" issue. I did my gauge swatch, and after washing once, I am at 4" wide by 4 1/2" long, so I will just watch the length as I go.i am planning on starting withthelargest child size for the neckline and increasing to the smallest adult size, so we'll see how it goes. Now I only need to buy a shorter circular needle and I can get started!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 1:20 PM

DeborahC53:

That is so pretty.  Really feminine looking.  Great job!

Lianewobito:

. I actually like the way it turned out with this yarn. The next one I will probably make out of cotton and add a bit of a sleeve to it. I'm a "fluffy" girl, so a little bit longer sleeve would be better on me, although I WILL wear this one too. Wink

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 1:25 PM

Sorry, I hit the wrong button and sent a blank message!  The white sweater looks so nice with the varigated yarn in the ruching.  How can you be done already???  Mine is coming along--I am at the waist increases point but too many other things keep coming up to take time.  I want to lock myself into a room until I am finished!  Oh well, this isn't a competition, I know that, and some ladies are just beginning.  It is so nice to see the finished product!

Peggy D

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Lianewobito wrote
on Mar 11, 2013 5:26 PM

thanks everyone.

I tend to go for "pretty" things, hence the top looking so feminine. It was supposed to be just a sample since I didn't know how I would like the ruching in a different colour.  But as it turned out, I really liked it that way.

Peggy, I may have started a day early, and then in was total concentration on this top. the rest of my life just had to wait.  Dinner you say? Ha, hubby cooked if he wanted to eat...lol

Not Ranked
Posts 4
SwitchItUp wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 10:02 AM

Hello all,

so I finally made it to the arm holes.  I knit two rows after the cast on and tried on the Tee. I feel it is riding uncomfortably high in the pits. so  I'm considering  going back to the bind off row and then knitting a few extra rows before the cast on row to lower the underarm opening.

For those of you that are more experienced, does this seem like a reasonable approach. Are there other considerations I should take into account? Also note, I like the way the neck line fits and how the sleeves "drape" over my shoulders.

I'm open to suggestions.

Well heading back to tear out a few rows.

Thanks

Jennifer

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 283
sjc wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 11:11 AM

Hi Jennifer,

Did you add the eight stitches to each underarm before trying it on?  If so, you could just cast on a few more than eight to add size to the underarm without doing complete additional rows which will make your sleeves longer too.  That's what I'd do.  I'm at about the same place as you and need to try mine on.  Good luck!

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Mar 13, 2013 11:54 AM

Its done and I like it a lot! Sadly the snow came back today - so no Tee's for some more weeks...

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Lianewobito wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 12:31 PM

beautiful!  I like what you have done with the keyhole opening. I like that it is off set. And you made your top longer. I like that too..Ideas to keep in mind for my next one Smile

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
daj48 wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 3:04 PM

Hello,  My name is Donna from Reston, Va.  I am enjoying reading all the posts and am learning a lot.  I am using Classic Silk by Classic Elite Yarns in a deep purple.  The yarn is 50% cotton, 30% silk and 20% nylon.  After swatching I ended up using size 5 needles.  I was really glad to see you could try it on as I am between sizes 38 1/2 and 42 1/2.  I may have to make it longer as I have a long torso.  This will be my second garment--other than hats and scarves.  I just finished a simple vest and it fit perfectly much to my surprise.  I hope I have as much luck with this.  I love the ruching and the keyhole and will probably copy the pearl buttons someone used.  Looking forward to a finished top.

Donna

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
daj48 wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 3:08 PM

I love the color you used and the keyhole change.  Since this is my first try I will save it for later, too nervous to make changes.

Donna

Not Ranked
Posts 5
magicann wrote
on Mar 13, 2013 5:05 PM

Beautiful!  Love the colour and the the off centre keyhole!  Good Job!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
dberthelot wrote
on Mar 14, 2013 8:06 AM

I got to the same place that you did and found it extremely tight in the underarms.  I frogged mine and will come back to it later. I was so disgusted with all the work I had put into it. I just need to wait until I have a clear head. 

Diane

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 14, 2013 8:22 AM

I am wondering if you ladies who have the tight underarm problem may have had a lot less rows/inch on your gauge?  I was a few short on mine (4), but I think I remember that some were quite a few rows shorter.  I know it is not a help now, but you could add some knit rows to the ruched areas to make the yoke longer.  I hate it when you work so hard on a project (and spend the money) and it is a disappointment.

What is "frogged"?  I think probably pulling it out?  Around here we use "Tink" which is backwards for Knit.

Peggy D.

Page 13 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  11 12 13 14 15  Next >  ... Last » | RSS