The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Mar 17, 2013 12:57 PM

I'm finally done with my last sweater and ready to join.  I'm turning it into a long sleeve cardigan.  My yarn is a fingering weight, Pixie by Dragonfly Fibers in Titania.  With my gauge and the ease I want I am going to use the instructions for the largest size.  It should work out.  And I'm crossing my fingers.  Here goes!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Mar 17, 2013 1:01 PM

And the swatch:

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
daj48 wrote
on Mar 17, 2013 3:07 PM

Peggy,

I love the way your sweater turned out.  It looks really nice on you.  Did you alter the sleeves in any way?  I cannot tell from the pattern picture how long the sleeves actually are.  I want mine to be as long as yours are.

Donna

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 17, 2013 3:41 PM

Peggy, Your sweater turned out beautifully! It looks so nice on you. Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:43 AM

Wow Peggy!  Simply beautiful and I love the color. Big Smile

Robin

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:56 AM

I thought I replied to your post, Donna, but don't see it.  I did not alter the sleeves--that is the way the top turned out for me.  I did crochet the neckline and that firmed it up.  I am much happier with that.

Peggy D.

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 85
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 6:31 PM

I had a rough couple of days. My companion was gasping for breath Sunday morning; I called 911 and he went into the hospital.  Today he is having a catheterization.  Not much news yet.

Tonight I picked up this project for the first time in a couple of days, and I had an error where I had joined after row 33.  I tried fixing, more stitches came loose, tried fixing that...so froggy here we come.  It was way too big any way.  So deep breath, and will start the child's largest size, and will do in the round as that looks so nice on those of you who have gotten so far.  Peggy yours is a beauty.

Will check in again when I know more.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 484
bessT wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 7:17 PM

Chris Essler:

I had a rough couple of days. ...

Will check in again when I know more.

aw Chris ♥  (I hope that shows as a little heart).

Knitting is a good thing to do while you await news of the loved one. Good luck to you both.

Bess

Not Ranked
Posts 3
yvieml wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 7:58 PM

this is my first KAL and have been perusing the posts but not writing anything (as I would rather knit). Very informative and fun. I am knitting the lower half of the tee while I decide how to finish the sleeves that I want to lengthen. I found the Ann Budd formula very easy and it worked great.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:00 PM

Chris, I'm so sorry about your companion and hope things are going well.  Good luck also with the sweater - I have had things like that happen to me more than once. Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 314
sjc wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:07 PM

Chris, I agree with Bess T...knitting can be a blessing when times are tough.  My Mom was just diagnosed with Melanoma Cancer today so my heart is crying with yours.  Do some mindless knitting, something you don't have to use brain cells on, they are already wrapped up with your concerns. 

I'm also with you over this ****Ruched Tee.  I frogged THREE skeins of yarn to start over on the child's largest size and went down a needle size AGAIN, I'd already dropped one.  I just did the second ruched section and it's finally looking small enough to fit me rather than some elephant!  You and I must be close in size. ( I wear a small/6) Did you notice on Ravalry the small framed Japanese girl stated she knit the XXS size.  Since there isn't a XXS I'm figuring she did the same thing.  Hang in there, we're all sending positive thoughts your way for you an your partner.

Sherry

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 85
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:13 PM

Sherry, Jeanie, Bess...thank you so much for your kind words and thoughts.  Sherry, I hope somehow your Mom gets through this.

When I got to the last four inches of the T, I was thinking of binding off and wearing as a scarf, it was that big. LOL.  We all have to keep laughing.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 484
bessT wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 8:51 PM

Chris Essler:

When I got to the last four inches of the T, I was thinking of binding off and wearing as a scarf, it was that big. LOL.  We all have to keep laughing.

wh-oh. Big Smile good one, i *was* right to be worried about  stretch.

♥  Sherry, for you and  your Mom.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Studiokara wrote
on Mar 19, 2013 11:04 PM

I love the periwinkle color you chose! 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 20, 2013 6:57 AM

My prayers are with both Chris and Sherry today as you face these difficult circumstances for those you love.  It is good that knitting is a "carry along" project for the most part.  I have spent many hours in Dr. offices and hospitals knitting as I wait for news.  I find it calms the anxieties.

Peggy D

Page 16 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  14 15 16 17 18  Next >  ... Last » | RSS