Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 11:09 AM

Donna, you are on the forum I believe.  Do you see my response here? Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 2
andma442 wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 12:51 PM

Yes I do see your response Jeanie!  Once again I was trying to make something simple into rocket science.  lol  thank you!!!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 12:57 PM

http://www.knittingdaily.com/forums/p/18529/108521.aspx#108521   This should be the forum link.  Just click on "Reply" in the most recent post to put something up in the forum.  It is a really neat tee.  Good luck!

Peggy D

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 1:00 PM

The neck is too big for me

NanaKathy--my neck seemed very loose when I finished my tee.  If you can crochet, just do a row of single crochet around it, skipping a stitch every once in awhile.  It makes the neckline much firmer.

Peggy D.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
nanakathy102 wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 2:52 PM

Thanks, Sewdove.  I've read that on other posts and have to try that when I finish!  Thanks!

nanakathy

Not Ranked
Posts 14
karenwinters wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 3:29 PM

Sorry I haven't posted sooner. I got sick (nasty flu with lingering cough and malaise), so I've had a lot of knitting time. I'm normally an outrageously nonmonogamous knitter, but wasn't able to concentrate on anything too complicated when I was feeling crappy. So I got quite a bit done on this tee. Then I got jury duty. So I changed out my metal needles for plastic ones and headed off to court with my tee. Consequently, I finished this a lot sooner than I expected. I actually finished about a week ago, but haven't had the energy to block it. I used a bamboo-cotton blend (Valley Yarns Southwick), which I knew would grow. So I made it small and intended to wet block it. Today I decided to steam block it and take a photo.

I cast on for the largest child's size, modified the yoke increases to get the smallest adult size. My mods are detailed on my Ravelry project page (I'm martinezknitter there).

Sorry for the long post. I'll post a photo in another post. (My iPad is misbehaving!)

Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 14
karenwinters wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 3:58 PM

I've tried unsuccessfully to post my photo, so decided to include a link to my Ravelry project page instead. (@&$# technology!) Sorry for the inconvenience.

I can't seem to get the color right. It's a deep royal purple.

ruched yoke tee adult

Not Ranked
Posts 10
cherylk8 wrote
on Mar 23, 2013 6:18 PM

Finished. Child size 4. Knitted the garter ribs on size 4 needles, the ruching and stockinette stitch on size 5. The yarn is Plymouth Dreambaby DK. I bought the yarn about 4 years ago and was happy to find a project for it. The pattern was really easy to follow and I'm pleased with the result. The only modifications I made was to do the increases for the ruching in every other stitch, not every one, and to leave out the keyhole.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
Amy1222 wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 12:17 AM

Karen, I think we're making the same tee! I'm also using Southwick, but in Blue Mist, and did the same size altering that you did. Yours came out beautifully! I just have to bind off and do the I-cord on the keyhole, which will hopefully happen tomorrow, as this is my Easter outfit.

Amy

Not Ranked
Posts 10
CindyBee wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 6:55 AM

It came out beautifully Karen.  Love the color too.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
CindyBee wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 6:58 AM

Good job Cheryl.  The color is perfect for Spring.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 7:47 AM

Your tee turned out beautifully and I love the colors!!  What increases did you use for Row 21?  M1's or kfb?  I just had to frog seveal rows as my increases didn't look very good and I discovered a dropped stitch Sad Thank you!! Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 14
coffeeforu2 wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 9:46 AM

karenwinters:

I've tried unsuccessfully to post my photo, so decided to include a link to my Ravelry project page instead. (@&$# technology!) Sorry for the inconvenience.

I can't seem to get the color right. It's a deep royal purple.

ruched yoke tee adult

Wow! I love it. You did a wonderful job. I too have a deep purple but I just finished the runches this morning. I am about to try it on...fingers crossed. I hope mine turns out as well as yours.

Robin

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 24, 2013 11:26 AM

Karen, Yours is gorgeous!  I love the color.  Please tell me what increases you used on Row 21.  I am sorry to keep asking but have just gotten back there and hate to stop. Thanks!!

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Mar 24, 2013 3:38 PM

Tammy from Georgia here. I posted in the wrong place .... oops but hopefully I in the correct "neck of the woods" now. I am late getting in on this - just ordered the pattern today! So, I suppose I will be dragging along behind everyone - better late than never. Cannot wait to get started! Big Smile

Page 18 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  16 17 18 19 20  Next >  ... Last » | RSS