The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 5
Amaasing wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 3:37 PM

Hello again everyone!

I finally finished! Yay! I think it turned out really well and I can't wait to wear it out and about! I do have a slight issue and was wondering if anyone had any ideas how to fix it.... The back of my garment gapes when I stand up straight.  Now the couple of solutions I've come up with is doing a single crochet around the neck (as some of you mentioned this seemed to help tighten it up), or I could walk around like a hunchback while wearing it! :o) Thinking the second option might not be the best idea!

Thanks to everyone for their wonderful comments and encouraging support to everyone in this KAL!  It's been fun and I can't wait until the next one!

~ Amy M. in the Missouri Ozarks 

Not Ranked
Posts 8
KSuper wrote
on Apr 11, 2013 5:01 PM

Looking good; I also love that color. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
Sewdove wrote
on Apr 12, 2013 11:21 AM

Your yellow tee is beautiful.  I used the single crochet to snug up my neckline and it worked great.  I did (sc in 2 sts, skipped a st)  the way around.

Peggy D.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 12, 2013 7:36 PM

The yellow is so pretty and it looks lovely on you!  Enjoy! Jeanie

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 80
Chris Essler wrote
on Apr 12, 2013 8:20 PM

Hi All!

First of all, Amy, your T came out gorgeous.  Thanks for the pictures.

As far as my promise for pictures...very late, but here they are: the first is where I am at tonight.  The second is the neckline of my first attempt, which was way too large, and as I  mentioned before, as I ripped back to the first ruch...I decided to bind off and make it into a little scarf!  I like it!

I was sure that my second attempt would be a disaster, but hanging it up like that, I think it might be wearable.  I made a mistake in one of the ruchings, as I converted early to knitting in the round, and despite the help earlier in this post, I still messed up.  However, it looks a bit folkloric, so I will keep it as is.  I too will crochet single around the neckline to clean it up a big.  I have to lengthen the sleves just a tiny bit, as when I bound off the sleeves, I missed a stitch and only noticed when I had completed two rows below the armhole - I have a pin  holding it.  So now it is just round and round for the body.  I think I will do a bottom ruch border, but I am going to create a little slit on each side at the bottom, which of course means I go back and forth again at the very end.  Should be interesting.  I have been ill with some sort of stomach flu since Mar. 25; at first I thought it was severe back trouble as I was in screaming pain over Easter.  Been one thing after another.  Dennis is doing fine.  We are holding up.  Puppy is lovely.  Have a great weekend.  Will post when I am done...I am trying for that April 24th date.  Cheers, Chris

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 14, 2013 1:34 PM

Chris, So happy to hear that you and Dennis are both doing well!  Your T looks great - no one see those mistakes except you - I have some also.  Mine is now at the waist decreases which seem to put me to sleep - so much stockinette st.  Good luck finishing!  Jeanie

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 14, 2013 1:35 PM

Opps - I am at the waist increases. Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Labs4Me wrote
on Apr 14, 2013 1:35 PM

Hi! My name is Cheryl and I live in Ohio.  I came in late to the KAL, probably a week or so ago.  I've truly enjoyed seeing everyone's comments and pictures.  The finished tees are wonderful!  I knit in the round from the start, and did OK with that and the increases.  However, I can't get the underarm right.  My gauge was pretty close on, so I didn't worry about it too much, but it was too small on the first try.  I ripped it out and added four more rows, as one person had suggested.  It was still too small, so I ripped it out again and added four stitches under each arm, as another had suggested.  Still too small!  I'm ripping it out again, but I'm not sure what to do at this point.  Thanks for your input!

Cheryl

Not Ranked
Posts 4
tatumlight wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 11:34 AM

Why can't I find the pattern in the Spring 2011 Interweave Knits magazine? Do you have a page number or something?

Not Ranked
Posts 8
spixy1019 wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 12:07 PM

tatumlight:

Why can't I find the pattern in the Spring 2011 Interweave Knits magazine? Do you have a page number or something?

The pattern starts on page 100. Good luck!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Apr 15, 2013 12:14 PM

Front

Ok here is my finished Tee. I finished it about a week ago but only finished weaving in the ends yesterday. It took me a little longer because I added on longer sleeves from someone's  Ravelry page. I had to add a row of SC around the sleeves and the neckline as they ended up way too big. I made this Tee in the smallest adult size with Patons Silk Bamboo yarn in Orchid.  

Back 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
tatumlight wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 12:21 PM

Thanks! I totally was looking at the Summer issue despite double checking. One of those mornings I guess

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Labs4Me wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 1:50 PM

Yours is very lovely; nice job!!!!  I really love that color too!  Cheryl

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Apr 15, 2013 9:03 PM

Looks great and I like the sleeves!  Beautiful color! Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Rainbow67 wrote
on Apr 16, 2013 11:40 PM

Everyone's finished tees look amazing. I love all the colors and variations on the pattern. 

I finished mine last week, but couldn't get the pictures to load. So here are the pics of my finished tee. I picked up every other stitch at the neck with single crochet around and added a couple inches to the sleeves. I also managed the icord trim on my keyhole. I think it looks great, except for the slight difference in color of the bottom.

Rayne

Page 22 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  20 21 22 23 24  Next >  ... Last » | RSS