The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 25 Contributor
Posts 315
sjc wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 10:58 AM

I'm Sherry from Montana.  I've done several of the KAL's but not for a while.  I too will lengthen the sleeves (once we learn how) since summer here is very brief and I seldom wear short sleeves without something over them.  I found the yarn called for in my stash in a cream color so will use that.  I haven't swatched or anything yet but better get busy.  I think I'll check out Ravalry first.  This is skinny yarn on little needles and is going to take a while to knit!  Good luck to everyone!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LilBirdBlue wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 2:45 PM

I'm excited to join my first KAL!  I had this pattern picked out to knit for this spring anyway, so this worked out great.  I purchased Cascade Ultra Pima in Zen Green.  I'm not so sure I want to do the keyhole, but I'm going to try it on when I get it the yoke and bodice finished and if I don't like it, I'll frog it and start over and just knit it in the round.  I am doing the 38.5 size, which I hope isn't going to be too big....a little nervous about that, but I don't like my sweaters to be tight either.  We shall see!  Happy Knitting!  Wink

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 25, 2013 3:03 PM

stitchellen:
I have wasted many $ on some of your patterns, only to discover after the purchases that I'd never use them because the directions are for heavier yarn weight than I use.

Hi Stitchellen. All of the info you need is available in the Knitting Daily Shop on the pattern's page. You just click on the "Pattern Details" tab, as shown at left.

We also put all of the pattern info on the Knitting Daily site. Just put the pattern name in the search box in the upper right side of the home page and hit enter. Look for the pattern name in the results list, and click on it. You'll find all of the info you need, plus photos that didn't make it into the magazine, so you'll see more of the pattern.

I hope this helps!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 25, 2013 3:07 PM

PatJ@7:

How will you lengthen the sleeves?

I'm not sure yet, Pat. I'll probably just knit a few more ruched sections to make the sleeves a couple of inches longer.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 25, 2013 3:10 PM

JeanieH@6:

I am also going to leave at the keyhole - if I can figure out what to do to skip it.  If anyone knows I would appreciate the information!  Thanks!

Just join for knitting in the round after you cast on and knit the yoke in the round. The keyhole is formed by knitting the first couple of ruched sections flat and then joining in the round to knit the rest of the yoke.

I think I'm going to skip the keyhole, too. A few people did that on Ravelry and I like the way it looks.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
sarawutzke wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 3:19 PM

Me too-alThough I also liked the few who turned it around for the keyhole to be in the back. I definitely want longer sleeves!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
daj48 wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 3:41 PM

I have recently started knitting again and am looking forward to participating in the knit-along.  I have found some yarn in my stash that I am almost sure will not work but have hopes it might.  I cannot remember what I purchased it for.   It is COTTON CLOUD from Wool in the Woods.  The yarn is 98% cotton and 2% nylon.  The gauge reads 21 sts/24 rows on US 7 needles.  It seems too light weight for this project.  It is also hand painted which is also troublesome.  If it will not work for this does anyone have any idea what I could use it for?  Thanks.

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Fatbaby@2 wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 4:09 PM

I have really never made a swatch for the gauge when I crochet or knit. 

I would really like to know how to do it properly and was wondering if someone on this forum would explain to me how they would make the swatch gauge for this top? I ask that because it seems that it would be done differently for each piece you knit whatever it may be.

I am knitting this top and want to start out correctly and not have to give it away because it doesn't fit. 

Thank You!Smile

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 86
Chris Essler wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 8:24 PM

Hi Everyone:

This is Chris from Brooklyn.  Of course I have a horrible big stash that is bound to outlive me, but I just had to buy some KnitPicks Cotlin Yarn in Sagebrush.  It's on the way!  I think as it is DK it should be ok.  Yes, I promise to swatch.  Good to be back in the fiber cyber circle.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Spawkly wrote
on Feb 25, 2013 8:46 PM

Hi, Megan up in Canada.  I'll be doing the kids' version of this pattern for my 4 year old.  I like knitting clothes for my kids because I'm a slow knitter who tends to get bored so kids' clothes increases the chances of actually finishing a project! 

I'm using yarn out of my stash: KnitPicks Sport Shine.  Had to increase to needle size 8 to get gauge but I may size back down for the ruched section (or maybe just the first bit) based on the other projects' necklines being way too big.

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 8:10 AM

Thank you for the helpful information, Kathleen!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 315
sjc wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 10:24 AM

Spawkly:
Had to increase to needle size 8 to get gauge but I may size back down for the ruched section (or maybe just the first bit) based on the other projects' necklines being way too big.

Hi Megan,

I started this for my "almost" five year old granddaughter and it came out HUGE using the size six needles called far and making the size six with Plymouth Jeannie DK 50/50 cotton and acrylic.  Gauge came out perfect but I tend to agree with a previous poster who said this needs a smaller yarn than DK.  I couldn't believe how big the neck was--I got as far as the increases for the second ruching before frogging the whole thing.  I think it's the pattern.  I'm going to look for some sport weight yarn (wise of you to start there) and I may go down a size as well.  Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up.  Back everything down, needles and yarn weight unless you're a tremendously tight knitter or want a larger than stated tee!

Sherry

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sundaymaj wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 10:41 AM

I am going to try  this KAL . My first. Hope it goes well.

Not Ranked
Posts 12
TerrieR wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 10:47 AM

I believe I will join this KAL, although I MUST finish my mother-in-law's sweater before I start!  If I get it done in time (yes, I am already expecting to knit this slower than the group) I could wear it to Maryland Sheep and Wool the first weekend in May!  I think I want to knit this in linen yarn, but still haven't made up my mind!  

Not Ranked
Posts 10
dberthelot wrote
on Feb 26, 2013 3:49 PM

Hi Everyone:

I'm Diane from soggy Louisiana.  I have never done a KAL before but have decided to try this one.  I'm going to use some ONline Linie 12 cotton from my stash. It's a lovely french blue color so wish we me luck.  I've knitted my swatch and had the correct gauge so I'm off to get started.  

Diane

Page 3 of 25 (363 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 5  Next >  ... Last ยป | RSS