The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 2
fiberdance42 wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 8:07 AM

I believe you can go to your online account at Interweave and see a listing of digital purchases, which allows you to download it again.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Rainbow67 wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 10:11 AM

You should have gotten an email with the link to the pattern after purchase. Try it from the email link. Good luck

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 10:42 AM

Hi CindyBee,  I also have some Cascade Venezia Sport in my stash which I begin to think might be better that my bamboo/silk mix. However, I can't get gauge!  What size needles are you using?  Thank you!  Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 8
spixy1019 wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 11:53 AM

Hello! This will be my first KAL. I just got my shipment from Knitpicks--I ordered their CotLin (70% cotton/30% linen in creme brulee) b/c it seemed nice for summer and their Gloss (70% merino wool/30% silk in guava) b/c, you know, free shipping, and I like options (and it's soooooo soft!). I have to do the swatching to decide what works better once it knits up. I also plan on skipping the keyhole. I felt like it took something away from the ruching when I compared the pics on Ravelry to the folks who left it out.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
StitchTech wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 12:20 PM

Hi.  This will be my 3rd knit-along, but I don't think the second one really counts seeing as it's currently a UFO and only about 10% complete.  I started a new job right after starting, but I hope to finish this summer.  Anyway, I bought a beautiful fingering weight yarn from Dragonfly Fibers at the Vogue Knitting conference in NYC last month that I want to use. I'm on the last sleeve of my current sweater and as soon as I finish this weekend I'll swatch and post the yarn.  Also, I plan to turn it into a cardigan.  I haven't decided on the sleeve length yet and how I want to do the edging...  TBD  Maybe similar to the Tea Leaves cardigan on the Madelinetosh website.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 12:34 PM

I have one more increase row to do on the yoke.  But, I decided to try on the finished yoke piece to determine the fit before I do the next row.  I was a little nervous because I'd wouldn't be too happy redoing the entire yoke.  The knitting needles were replaced with a piece of scrap yarn. I slipped the yoke over my head and peeked into the mirror.  I'm pleased with the fit...not too large or too small!  I can replace the needles and knit on!   ;D  Judy in SE Wisconsin   

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Feb 28, 2013 12:46 PM

I'm so happy for you, Judy! After 6 swatches I was unable to meet gauge so I too just started in on the yoke. I'm very nervous but will hopefully happy a pleasant experience as well. *Kristi

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 73
gumbiecat wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 2:04 PM

Thank you Kristi!  The last row (before the sleeves) is an increase row, and I'm trying to figure out how to arrange the increases.  It can't be as hard as I'm making it.  I think I need a break...with some food.  That should do the trick.  ;D Judy

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 9:02 PM

Oh, Boo for me!  I went ahead and began my tee........  I joined to work in the round because I am leaving out the keyhole.......... but I forgot that since I was not knitting back and forth, when it said to knit 8 rows, I would actually need to alternate a knit row with a purl row to get the same effect as the pattern.  Now, after knitting 4 rows, I realize that something is just not looking quite right...........  Boo!  Now I get to frog and start over!    I knew I started early for a reason :I

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 313
sjc wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 10:38 PM

Pat J: Don't feel bad, I did exactly the same thing and realized it at the same place!  Once that top edge starts to roll we knew something was wrong!  At least we weren't any further along!  Happily knitting correctly now...

SherryBig Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 4
SwitchItUp wrote
on Feb 28, 2013 10:55 PM

Hello stiitchTech, I too am leaning toward a fingering weight yarn. I'm curious if you will adjust the gauge, or live with a more open knit by following the gauge given.  I would love to hear about your plan of attack.  I'm currently making a swatch in dk and fingering. 

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Mar 1, 2013 1:34 AM

Hi, I'm Ann from Pennsylvania. This is my first KAL. I had already  planned to make the ruched tee for my granddaughter, although I voted for the Sakura Tee because I thought I'd need more help with that! Anyway, I already had bought yarn for it (she specified pink) - Kraemer Yarns Little Lehigh, a cotton/acrylic blend from my LYS. I'll be swatching this weekend. I'm usually a tight knitter, averaging a needle size larger than what's written on the pattern, but from what others are saying I may end up using the printed needle size on this one. I hope the percentage of acrylic is enough to keep the yarn from stretching too much -- on the other hand, my granddaughter's a growing girl.

Not Ranked
Posts 10
CindyBee wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 5:18 AM

Jeanie I'm using the US6 in the Harmony interchangeables.  Good Luck!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 38
All2HimIO wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 8:05 AM

I'm in.  I just have to look up my mag, get the pattern and check my stash for yarn.

This should be fun.  I may make the sleeves slightly longer as well, we'll see.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
termtackle wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 8:52 AM

I am thinking of using Louisa Harding Ianthe.  Should the swatch be done flat or in the round?

Page 5 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS