The Official Ruched Tee Knit-Along

This post has 362 Replies | 42 Followers rated by 2 users
Top 50 Contributor
Posts 81
Chris Essler wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 8:07 PM

Hey PatJ:

Sixth time's a charm works for me!  Got my KnitPicks Cotlin in Sagebrush, as soon as I have anything interesting on the needles, will post.  Have a great weekend, Everyone!  Good Knitting!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mooreknits wrote
on Mar 1, 2013 11:08 PM

I've always wanted to do a KAL.  Count me in!  I'll search stash and hopefully will have something yummy I can use..

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 12:04 PM

KAL's are fun!  I finally got gauge with size 8 needles so will use the Venezia sport weight.  But, I need some help!  I was thinking of doing the child's largest size for the bust and then switching over at the armholes to the smallest adult size.  I have no idea how to do this as I will have to many sts on the needle at that point.   Maybe I should just knit the bust with smaller needles (maybe a 6 or 7) and hope it works?  Thank you!! Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 13
lisaelle wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 12:16 PM

PatJ or anyone else leaving out the keyhole, would you be willing to post instructions for ROW 33? I'm confused as to how to translate it from knitting flat to in the round. Do I still cast on 6? Do I remark where my start of round is? Any help on this row--as well as anything else I should know or watch out for in translating the initial yoke directions from flat to in the round would be very much appreciated. I've already figured out, from your posts, that when it says "Knit" I actually need to alternate knit and purl. 

Thanks,

Lisa

Not Ranked
Posts 10
CindyBee wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 12:18 PM

Before starting on the body I took it off the needles and tried it on.  So far so good.  Here's a pic of it on my dressform.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
magicann wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 12:44 PM

I am not sure if I am in the right place.  But wanted to show you my finished Tee.  Have to get it done before DD's birthday next week!  The yarn is from my stash:  Cotton Sensation 100% mercerized cotton.  A bit heavy to work with but, shows off the stitching beautifully.  The gauge was 1/2 stitch too small with 4MM, but didn't want to change to a bigger needle, worry that it will be too stretchy, so, decide to add a few stitches instead.  Worked out perfectly.  What do you think?

Not Ranked
Posts 8
KSuper wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 1:31 PM

You did a beautiful job; I can only hope my tee comes out looking this good!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 1:31 PM

Looks great and I love the color!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 1:32 PM

How lovely!  Beautiful knitting!!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 1:33 PM

What size did you knot for her? Thanks! Jeanie

Not Ranked
Posts 5
magicann wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 1:58 PM

It's the small (34 1/2) size.  But my my gauge was small for the needle of 4 mm.  Because it's a 100% cotton, didn't want to change to a large size needle for fear that it will be too loose, so I just added extra 6 stitches (about an inch larger).  I also used 3.5 mm for the first few garter stitches on the neckline.  Don't know what would happen when washed...guess we'll find out when DD do the first wash Big Smile

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 2:47 PM

Thank you Magicann for replying. Do you mind my asking is 34 1/2 about her bust size?  Mine is more like 32 so that's why I'm worried about the small adult size fitting me in the bust.  Good idea to use a smaller needle for the firs few garter sts on the neckline.  The one you knitted though doesn't look very big.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
magicann wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 3:07 PM

Hi Jeanie,  the picture here you see measures around 34" .  It was a bit  too tight for me (I am thicker in the middle Sad).  But DD is not here with me, she's at the east coast, and I am in the west coast.  I am hoping it'll fit her.  She usually wears between 32 to 33 size on the bust.  I think if you have a 6 stitch to the inch when you swatch, it should be good.  All depends on your yarn and needle size.  Like the others said, "swatch, measure, swatch, measure,...)  Good Luck!

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 178
JeanieH@6 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 3:28 PM

Thank you so much for the information.  I am definitely doing several swatches.  By the way, my daughters are on the west coast and I'm on the east coast!  Hope it fits her well. Happy Knitting, Jeanie

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 17
PatJ@7 wrote
on Mar 2, 2013 3:48 PM

I will be glad to help out for row 33 but I'm afraid it will take me a while to get there.  ( I'm still at row 8 right now)

I have so much going on that my KAL is one of the last on my list.  If anyone else can help lisaelle, please post for her!

Pat Johnson

Chesapeake, VA

Page 7 of 25 (363 items) « First ...  < Previous  5 6 7 8 9  Next >  ... Last » | RSS