How to sbp?

This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
gruze wrote
on Apr 6, 2013 9:05 AM

My knitting chart says to sbp and of course there's no stitch guide included that goes into details.

Neither I nor google have any idea what it could mean.

I can tell from the pattern that I gotta knit 3 sts together somehow and it might be some sort of "opposite" stitch to the s1 k2tog psso thingy. I always thought the opposite stitch to that was k3tog but that's not it in this case so I'm really at a loss.

Does anyone here have an idea?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 629
salmonmac wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 5:04 AM

Well, that is a puzzler. The best I found was an earlier discussion that couldn't figure it out either.

http://www.knittinghelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67414

Can you post a photo of a part of the chart? Are there "no stitch" boxes on row 2 over the sbp?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,805
ZassZ wrote
on Apr 7, 2013 9:13 PM

hi gruze,

all i could find is this:  S&B:    slip one stitch, knit the next stitch, and pass the slipped stitch over.  same as ssk.  But that would only reduce 1 st.  (You mention you need to get 3 sts into 1.)  That is all I could find that seemed close to the term.  Try reading the very end of the pattern or go to the part of the directions where you will be doing the actual stitch.  Sometimes they put the explanation in the most difficult places to find. 

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS