understanding a Sidar pattern

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 1
virginia1948 wrote
on May 6, 2013 4:27 PM

I am new to this site have knitted for years, yet stuck on some terms..Please help!!!

This is to complete a childs sweater...Border.....Join raglan seams. pick up and knit 8 st along rib,  54 sts at straight edge,  32 sts along shaped edge, 13 sts from 13 cast off sts at top of right sleeve, 20 sts from 21 cast off sts at back of neck, 13 sts from 13 cast off sts at top of left sleeve, 32 sts shaped edge, 54 stitches straight edge, 8 sts at rib. Should end up with 234 sts.

I get the first 3 parts and last 3 parts and will get 188 sts..the back has 21 sts casted off so that is 209..cannot figure out the in between??

Would love to finish for grandsons BD this weekend!!!!!!!! Please help me

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 640
salmonmac wrote
on May 7, 2013 4:32 AM

Since this is a raglan sleeve sweater, the top of the sleeve becomes part of the collar. Seam the sleeves to the back and fronts of the sweater. When you pick up stitches around the neck, the upper end of the sleeve will be the area where the 13sts are picked up on the right and left side of the neck. Also, the back only has 20sts picked up for the 21sts that were cast off. Congrats on reaching the final steps on this sweater and good luck with it!

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS