Camellia Shrug by Cassie Miller in Knitscene winter/spring 2011

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jul 9, 2013 4:45 PM

I am having a little trouble with the sleeve on the Camellia Shrug. I am knitting the shrug in size 18. I completely understand the instructions to knit the lace panel as I continue to decrease. I have 56 stitches on my needles. I have knitted 73 rows and trying to start the lace panel.

Here are the instructions (I am only posting the instructions I am using): Dec row: k, ssk, knit to last 3 sts, k2tog, k. .. rep Dec row every 10 rows, 5 more times, then every 8 rows, 8 times.

After 73 sleeve rows have been worked (56 sts rem) insert lace panel as foll: K21, work 15 sts according to lace panel chart, k to end.

First row of chart: k6, k2tog, yo, k7...the problem I am having is that my lace pattern is not centered and I can't tell if it's supposed to be but I would think would?!

Can someone help me out. Because according to the pattern for this size I should be decreasing on the same row I am starting the lace panel but my count is completely off...or not...oh so confused. Thank you all in advance for any & all help!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 668
salmonmac wrote
on Jul 9, 2013 5:25 PM

This is a gorgeous shrug!

Yes, the lace pattern should be centered (or close to it). Check how many sts you have on the needle before starting the lace panel. It looks like it should be 21 + 15 + 20 = 56 (so the lace chart is marginally off-center).

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS