Fall/Winter 2013 KAL: The Tara Jacket

This post has 235 Replies | 22 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Jan 21, 2014 11:07 AM

Wonderful!!! I'm so happy you've finished - except the zipper of course. Your sweater is beautiful ~ I can't wait to see you wearing it. I still haven't gotten much past the bust shaping. I got distracted :-/  time to get back to it!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
CVI wrote
on Jan 26, 2014 5:10 PM

Hello all... Just wondering whether anyone else has added additional bust increases? I have knit the 28" but have added an additional 32 sts through the bust.  How do I make up for these sts in the top front sections so that the top is again a 28"??? Any and all help is appreciated!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Nederlandse wrote
on Jan 27, 2014 11:48 PM

Thanks! I see how it works

now....

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
LL Howard wrote
on Jan 30, 2014 12:25 AM

I'm Linda, HI! Melissa.  Just a note, keep up the knitting, I've had RA (rheumatoid arthritis) for 4 decades and the only thing that kept my sanity, was knitting.  Before RA came into my life, I did all the handwork subjects - needlework, embroidery, crewel, crochet, and on and on.  A year ago, I had a stroke, and can't wait for my left hand to grasp a needle again, I'm hoping another month or 2. So the moral is: find something that makes you happy and relaxed, t's good for you and takes the pain out of a day with Arther!  (arthritis)  You might also try quilting, my other vice.  Good knitting.

Linda

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
sea2mae wrote
on Jan 31, 2014 11:15 AM

Here it is without the zipper and buttons. I'm happy! I have another half done, up to the armhole division, because it was too big, but I have enough yarn left so I will go back and finish it. I will find someone to take it. : )

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
gginastoria wrote
on Jan 31, 2014 11:41 AM

I'm so impressed.  Still working on charting for left-handed knitting so I can complete mine.  I'll have to keep referring to your pictures.  Better than the ones that accompanied the pattern.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Ckrodell wrote
on Jan 31, 2014 12:47 PM

Beautiful!  i ordered a custom length zipper from zipper stop out of NY  they were amazing $1 for custom length and lots of choices.  i will try to get my finished sweater photographed and online.  the zipper and buttons make it.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 21
sea2mae wrote
on Jan 31, 2014 4:38 PM

Thank you everybody! I need a 22 inch zipper, not sure what color I am going with. If I can't find something appropriate I will try that zipper company, thank you CK. Your sweater looks great too. I love the yarn.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Ckrodell wrote
on Jan 31, 2014 10:34 PM

I used a zipper with opening on both ends in an antiqued brass which matches the buttons.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Ramsesafreet wrote
on Feb 3, 2014 10:56 AM

Hello to all crazy knitters!

I've just checked my stash and found Colinette Art in the colour "Castagna". I will knit the 39' because of my bust but it will take some time.

The pattern looks irresistible!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Nederlandse wrote
on Feb 3, 2014 7:07 PM

Looks great! Can't wait to see it with the buttons and zipper.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Feb 5, 2014 1:39 PM

CK & sea2mae ~ your sweaters are gorgeous. I've been lagging! Back on task now. 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,452
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Feb 5, 2014 5:22 PM

Knitscene Assistant Editor Louisa Demmit finished her Tara Jacket! Check out her story in her blog about it.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Feb 6, 2014 12:41 AM

Aye aye aye! I just put the back and left side stitches on holders and I am trying to make sense of the next section of the pattern. I am totally confused again. Back to my computer to rewrite the pattern, line-by-line. Geez. Anybody have any helpful tips? Or have it written out already? 

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Ckrodell wrote
on Feb 6, 2014 10:47 AM

I don't have it written out wish I had done that.  I messed up because I ended up with two right sides and had to rip when I figured out my lack of counting over the correct stitches.  The only way I could get it was to figure out the whole row and then count over to the start point.  Hang in there you will get it. They sure made an easy pattern difficult by the way it is written.

Page 14 of 16 (236 items) « First ...  < Previous  12 13 14 15 16  Next > | RSS