Fall/Winter 2013 KAL: The Tara Jacket

This post has 235 Replies | 22 Followers rated by 4 users
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Nov 20, 2013 6:39 PM

Well, that's important! Thanks for posting, sea2mae!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
ddtheriault wrote
on Nov 20, 2013 7:16 PM

sea2mae...thanks. I've had to knit my piece over a couple of times because of mishaps. I have to remember to make a lifeline soon. I'm approaching the part you have posted the correction for. I'm wondering where did you find this correction and who posted it?  Diana

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Nov 20, 2013 7:40 PM

Hi All,

The correction for the bias rib is from our technical department. Sometimes corrections come up after the magazine/book, etc., go to press and we have to post them later. Ravelry is a good place to get these corrections. I should have checked on this before the KAL started.

Kathleen

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
ddtheriault wrote
on Nov 20, 2013 7:51 PM

Kathleen:  I'm unfamiliar with searching for this type of information. Where on Ravelry would I find corrections? And also, where on the Interweave site would I find this information?

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Nov 20, 2013 8:55 PM

So rather than 11 rows, it is 6 right? And thanks for the heads up on the correction to the bias K1 P1. 

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Nov 21, 2013 12:34 AM

I've just finished the 5 rows of K1 P1 rib and am ready to start on the Bias k1 p1 rib - but I am totally confused. The pattern says to work in the Bias k1 p1 rib for 8 rows - does that mean knit rows 1 through 8? And when it says work even in pattern - does that just mean to knit/purl to work in the ribbing pattern? I'm definitely putting in a life line here. Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
ddtheriault wrote
on Nov 21, 2013 1:26 AM

That's how I interpret the directions as well. I'm on the short side and this is where I think I will help shorten the jacket as well. So I've knitted the Decr 1 Row, knit in pattern for three rows, knit Decr 2 row, knit in pattern for 3 rows. Then do those 8 rows two more times. These next 16 rows is where I plan to shorten the jacket a bit. (Then I'll have to see where I might be able to shorten it in the waist and bust area, too.

Also, if I understand it correctly, after those 16 rows, you go back and follow the Bias K1P1 through its entirety for the next 24 rows, ending on row 8.

Does that seem right? Diana

Happy knitting!

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Nov 21, 2013 11:48 AM

Thanks Diana. This helps. I put in a life line so I'm going to forge ahead and hope for the best! 

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
ddtheriault wrote
on Nov 21, 2013 12:38 PM

I put a lifeline in but I should have put one a couple of rows ago and now I think I need to go back to shorten the waist some. But at least it's only two rows down.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
ddtheriault wrote
on Nov 21, 2013 12:42 PM

I have a question for everyone. I wear petite sizes and I know this jacket will be way too long for me. So I am going to shorten up the body where I can. This is how I think I will approach the shortening:  Where there are same row knitting (knitting in pattern) within the bias k1p1, I will omit two of those rows each time. Now, when I do this, I know the bias will be sharper in angle I think.  Do you'all think the same thing or am I not seeing the design?

This is why I like knitting sweaters from top down rather than bottom up but this jacket is so lovely, I just had to do it.

Diana

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 29
Ckrodell wrote
on Nov 22, 2013 9:37 AM

Kathleen, I have never done a KAL, but had the magazine and loved the pattern.  I am also from Spokane, Wa and this just looks like a great project the long gray days upon us.  I needed to finish up Dark & Stormy sweater for myself, a Christmas Stocking for a new great niece and a hat for her brother,  Now I ready!  My yarn is Cascade Yarns Eco + in 9459 Yakima Heather, a mossy heather color.  Swatch will be started today.  My Ravelry call name is JustCalla. Excited, let the fun begin!  calla 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 23
gginastoria wrote
on Nov 22, 2013 3:36 PM

I've started and already have hit some snags.  I am using a yarn from my stash which is a little lean - Lion's Fishermen's Wool in Oatmeal - and after two swatches have had to go up a needle size.  I'm left-handed but after knitting for 70 years, usually have no problem reading patterns and adapting.  I have had problems in the past with the edges of entralac and buttonholes on the wrong side of a one-piece raglan which is what I have done now.  I decided not to frog but to use the wrong side as the right which means the rows start with a knit st., hoping that won't be a problem later on.  I have reversed SSK and K2tog as well as MiL and M1R.   My granddaughter also needs longer sleeves.  I will just knit on and see what happens.  I'm busy right now sewing nitegowns and pjs for great-grandchildren's Christmas gifts so I'll probably not discover my folly until after the holidays.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Nov 22, 2013 5:41 PM

Diana - I wish I knew enough to be helpful here. Good luck!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 54
ddtheriault wrote
on Nov 22, 2013 6:20 PM

Well, I'm knitting by the "seat of my pants" ;-P  I guess, I'll see what happens.

Top 75 Contributor
Posts 63
bubbysmom77 wrote
on Nov 22, 2013 8:45 PM

Diana - I'm wondering what you ended up doing on the bias knit rows that say "work even in pattern" ? Did you knit the knits and purl the purls even though it will give two k stitches together at the inc/dec points? ;-) thanks!

Page 5 of 16 (236 items) « First ...  < Previous  3 4 5 6 7  Next >  ... Last » | RSS