Eunny Jang!

This post has 55 Replies | 15 Followers rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 9
on Mar 22, 2014 8:43 PM

I am also extremely disappointed in the new KDTV format. I love Vickie Howell, but this show is a big mess - from the dreary opening music and graphics, to the useless segment by Tanis Gray showing yarns and accessories without complete information and zero personality, to the AWFUL Skype segments. I'd love to see the interviews, just not via Skype with the participants stopping and starting, making it hard to follow. Also, Vickie seems to have lost her TV mojo. In the middle of the knitting demo segment with Simone Merxhant-Dest Vickie interrupts her to ask about her accent and where she is from. Huh??????

i do realize that season 1 of KDTV was kind of choppy, but this season is SO bad.

Thank goodness I have purchased the DVDs with Eunny. Guess I'll have to just watch those more and play her Craftsy videos to get my fix with her expertise. 

Extremely Disappointed in the Seattle suburbs,

Betsy

Not Ranked
Posts 2
flyingfinn wrote
on Mar 23, 2014 1:47 PM

Just had to add ! I'm very disapointed, Sad Where is Eunny Jang ?  She was so Sweet ! Loved to watch Her, She inspired me to Knit. I'm Sorry i did not buy Her Tapes. Does anyone know if she is on a different Knitting TV Chanel ?  I have lost my interest, No Thanks ! I'm Not interested, this New One is very  Poor and Boooo...ring ! Confused

Not Ranked
Posts 2
knittingal46 wrote
on Mar 25, 2014 5:25 PM

I was injured last fall and had to leave home.  I missed the last few mos. of Knitting Daily.  It airs on free Broadcast TV as a secondary PBS station, and everywhere I stayed, they had cable or satellite or dish.

No free TV w/ PBS ch's -2.  When I could again watch the show, "Where's Eunny and gang????!!!!!"

I've been following the show since I retired and discovered it on our local PBS station.   All of a sudden, new host, the rest of the gang is gone too, new set and new format.  Wha happened?

I see I am not alone in not being a fan of the new KD.  I probably won't watch it religiously as I did with Eunny, Shay, Laura, Clara and Kristen.  That was a team hard to beat!  They are all missed.

My best to them in their new endeavors but my own may suffer due to their absence.   I hope I can catch Eunny on craftsy.com.  I learned so much the last six years and probably wouldn't have 

continued knitting if I hadn't had KD to help inspire and motivate me.  The new show sure falls short of that.  Sorry Vickie, but it is what it is.

Not Ranked
Posts 9
RtzJ9 wrote
on Apr 26, 2014 5:27 AM

Ladies, consider money or opportunity. Perhaps Eunny wanted more cash, maybe the powers at be felt they could let her go. Eunny might have wanted more opportunity to build a brand and perhaps have more money with residuals. Frankly, interweave might have been short sighted or maybe they are looking to attract younger, hipper viewers, in either case, Vicky Howell has been over selling herself for a while now, she lacks authenticity, and rather than selling her brand for the last few years she should have been knitting. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
preuter2001 wrote
on May 1, 2014 5:34 PM

I miss Eunny too! Vickie Howell is okay, but the show isn't as helpful as it was with Eunny. Vickie just speeds along from one thing to another, and rarely knits. I also don't like the "Tools of the Trade" segment. What are those tools? We never see the brand or where to get them. I can tell from the Skype segment that you're trying to get a younger , tech-y audience, but it really doesn't do much since we don't get to see any knitting.  I hope you bring Eunny back!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Debmat wrote
on May 19, 2014 5:26 PM

I agree fully with your comments.  What a utter waste to have replaced Eunny Jang with Vicki Howell.  The show has gone from the smart, thought full instruction on techniques to an uninspired format and host.  Space to Space is a was on time, unfocused and simply an opportunity for Vicki to gush over friends and acquaintances.  

Interweave, are you listening.  We are knitters looking for ideas and techniques, to lean about yarn and trends.  To be inspired.  Your viewers are young, old and all ages in between.  We lover Eunny and wonder why you chose to replace her with someone who lacks the depth of knowledge we crave.  Some one who seems to think every thing is or needs to be rock 'n roll.

There are so many great knitters, teachers, designers out there.  Why not reach out to one of them to host the show.  Need some hints Barry Klein, Laura Bryant, Clara Parks.  . 

Not Ranked
Posts 13
jnlfamily wrote
on May 31, 2014 9:46 PM

I just turned on my Knitting Daily Show and found out Eunny is no longer hosting. Bummer.  I used to watch Knitty Gritty and loved the format, but enjoy Eunny's format so much more. She will be missed.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
jnlfamily wrote

I just turned on my Knitting Daily Show and found out Eunny is no longer hosting. Bummer.  I used to watch Knitty Gritty and loved the format, but enjoy Eunny's format so much more. She will be missed.

Not Ranked
Posts 13
jnlfamily wrote

Not Ranked
Posts 13
jnlfamily wrote

Not Ranked
Posts 13
jnlfamily wrote
on May 31, 2014 9:51 PM

Just want to echo what everyone is saying.  I miss Eunny's teaching style.  I moved from wash cloths to sweaters after listening to how Eunny made things sound.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
LindaP@54 wrote
on Jun 1, 2014 6:03 PM

In my area (Tulsa, OK) my weekly segment of Knitting Daily has shown the exact same show, 3 times in a row!  I agree with the others...I want Eunny back...............if there is any substance to Vickie's version, I haven't seen it yet.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Dacebo wrote
on Jun 29, 2014 11:44 AM

While Vickie is good, Eunny is awesome. Please bring back Eunny Jang! I have stopped recording knitting Daily. It's just not as good.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Dacebo wrote

While Vickie is good, Eunny is awesome. Please bring back Eunny Jang! I have stopped recording knitting Daily. It's just not as good.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Dacebo wrote

Page 3 of 4 (56 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS