My Blanket

This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 8
caters Hmm [^o)] wrote
on Nov 20, 2013 4:56 PM

I am making a blanket with cables that don't have lace including the cathedral cable I am making right now and am about 2/3 of the way through. There will be 30 blocks total with an analogous color scheme. I could try a different color scheme for my next one. I think that the analogous color scheme is the most flowing and has the most vareity wheras the complementary(2 colors not the split complementary with 4) is the most vibrant and has the second least variety. I mean If I was using a complementary color scheme I would litterally get a checkerboard pattern. I don't want one for this blanket I am working on. The color schemes that I have found online are: Monochromatic(just tints(color with white added like pink being a tint of red), shades(color with black added like midnight blue), and tones(color with gray added to litterally tone it down)) which has the least variety of all and might be a little boring, Complimentary(Red and Green, Red-orange and Blue-green, Blue and orange, Blue-violet and Yellow-orange, Violet and Yellow, and Red-violet and Yellow green) with the second least variety and the most vibrant combinations, Near complementary with 12 color combination instead of 6(Red Yellow-green, Red Blue-green, Red-orange Green, Red-orange Blue, Orange Blue-green, Orange Blue-violet, Yellow-orange Blue, Yellow-orange Violet, Yellow Blue-violet, Yellow Red-violet, Yellow-green Violet, Yellow-green Red, Green Red-orange, Green Red-violet, Blue-green Orange, Blue green Red, Blue Yellow-orange, Blue Red-orange, Blue-violet Yellow, Blue-violet orange, Violet Yellow-green, Violet Yellow-orange, Red violet Green, Red violet Yellow) which is the most versatile of 2 color schemes but isn't the most versatile of all color schemes, Split complementary which is kind of like the near complimentary scheme twice because you have 1 color and 2 colors 1 space clockwise from its complement and 1 space counter clockwise from its complement(even more versatile because it is 3 colors not 2), Triadic color scheme which is actually less versatile even though there are more colors.(All primary, All secondary, and 2 Tertiary) It is formed when you select every fourth color on the color wheel, complementary triad(formed by selecting your complementary colors than your third color halfway between them), Modified triad(formed by selecting 3 colors each with 1 space between them), rectangular tetrad(formed when you use 2 pairs of complementary colors with a space in between 1 color and another), square tetrad(formed when you use 2 pairs of complimentary colors with 2 colors in between each color you are using), adjacent tetrad(formed when you use 2 pairs of complimentary colors that are, you guessed it, adjacent), analogous color scheme(which can have 3 different combinations of colors with the same mother color and can have either 3 or 4 colors), analogous complimentary(which has 3 or 4 analogous colors of which there is also a complimentary color of one of those analogous colors), and also all kinds of color schemes which have more than 4 colors. Which out of those color schemes do you think is best? I was already planning on analogous but is there some other color scheme that will be better? Do I just have to try all these color schemes and see which is best. I already have some monochromatic color scheme files of jask paint shop pro. I name them red gradient, blue  gradient etc. because I go from black to really dark and get lighter and lighter until the end of the page.

Not Ranked
Posts 8
caters wrote
on Nov 20, 2013 6:02 PM

Can somebody reply please

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS