Eunny Jang

This post has 44 Replies | 13 Followers rated by 3 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
norminu wrote
on Jan 23, 2014 8:02 AM

Where's Eunny Jang?  I can't knit without Eunny!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
lottydah wrote
on Feb 27, 2014 2:38 PM

I wonder too, where she is.  I miss her!  Eunny come back, ASAP.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Connie@5 wrote
on Feb 27, 2014 3:20 PM

Eunny is working for Craftsy now.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
bellevueliz wrote
on Mar 1, 2014 12:37 PM

I agree - I miss Eunny!  I hope she is wildly successful at craftsy, but I don't see how that can beat a weekly TV show and editorship of that wonderful Interweave Knits magazine.  I feel lost without her!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Mar 8, 2014 12:20 PM

:(  I miss Eunny. How will I knit now.She is awesome.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Linlit wrote
on Mar 8, 2014 2:58 PM

I miss her also, although I also like Vicki. My main complaint is that it seems like the new shows don't show the how-to stitching as much as Eunny would show how to create a stitch up close. It seems that they do more talking about it and not enough showing how to make the stitch or pattern. That's just my opinion.

Not Ranked
Posts 7
hanco wrote
on Mar 8, 2014 8:31 PM

I agree with the comment about the new show.  Euny did a great job of making sure you could see exactly what she was doing.  They need more close up shots on the new show. 

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Mar 8, 2014 9:51 PM

I really loved Eunny’s manner and her teaching, and I’m finding it very difficult to get used to Vicki.  Eunny was diplomatic and able to control each segment in a non-dominating yet skillful way.  Vicki seems a bit strident and out of touch with her guests.  On one segment she ordered the guest to knit on camera, even though the guest mentioned being nervous about it and had really shaky hands. It was hard for me to watch this kind of insensitivity. 

There is a vast difference between Eunny’s skill and knowledge and Vicki’s.  Eunny understood knitting inside and out.  She is a master knitter in every sense of the word.  The segments we get now are more like show and tell than teaching—except when Vicki invites excellent guests on the show, which has happened a couple of times.  The stranded colorwork segment and the one on the jabot showed great techniques that I was happy to learn.  I’m looking forward to the brioche segment coming up too.

I don’t like the video chats either.  The quality of the picture is terrible (Interweave should help Vicki with that by providing MUCH better equipment), and Vicki dominates the chat with questions and comments, so they’re not really informative. Instead of “meeting” the guest, we just hear the guest answer a lot of questions.  Asking a ton of questions is not the same as interviewing someone.  An interview is meant to ELICIT information and make the interviewee comfortable enough to start volunteering interesting information on her own.

When Eunny was on the program, I never missed a show.  I started getting ready 5 minutes early, and then I planted myself in front of the TV set so I wouldn’t miss a second of it.  Now I tune in for the first few minutes to see if there is anything worth watching; sometimes I keep watching and other times I don’t.  Some shows I just don’t bother to watch at all because I can tell from the preview that they’re too elementary.  I do have to say that the other people on the new show are more interesting than before.  I like Tanis Gray’s segment, for example, and I always used to take a break during the fiber/yarn segment on the old show.  

The real question is why Interweave ever let Eunny leave in the first place.  I’m guessing it was about money and that Interweave does not get the difference between dollars and value.  Eunny’s value to the show and its popularity was worth whatever she cost, in my opinion, and I’m assuming it was a lot.

Knitting Daily is the only knitting show I get here so the big downgrade in quality and watchability is quite a blow

Not Ranked
Posts 2
tonistice wrote
on Mar 13, 2014 9:10 AM

I totally agree with everything you said.  I used to never miss an episode when Eunny was the host.  I do not like Vicki Howell's style and will probably not watch the program again.  I really miss that.  Did Eunny leave this show on her own or did they get rid of her?  What is she doing now?

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Mar 13, 2014 10:34 AM

Eunny is now teaching classes on Craftsy.com.  She has 2 classes on there so far, and you have to purchase them to watch.   She's probably doing other things too, but I don't know how to find out since she doesn't have a current web site (or at least I can't find it) where we can find out about her.  She might be on Facebook or Twitter; I haven't checked yet.  If so, maybe we could see how to get more of her teaching elsewhere.  

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
MissPammy wrote
on Mar 13, 2014 10:43 AM

Sorry for the double post.  I don't know why Eunny left.  I haven't heard anyone say.  I'm just guessing that she asked for more money and they refused, but maybe someone else knows how it actually occurred.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,806
ZassZ wrote
on Mar 21, 2014 8:12 PM

Wow, I haven't been back for quite some time and I am surprised to read that Eunny is no longer here.

And all the women who were wise of heart spun with their hands, and they kept bringing as yarn the blue thread and the wool dyed reddish purple, the coccus scarlet material and the fine linen.   Ex. 35:25 

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 684
salmonmac wrote
on Mar 22, 2014 6:04 AM

ZassZ, you've been missed. Welcome back!

I live in the Washington DC area where we haven't gotten the last season of the Eunny Jang-KDTV (or the new format) so I'm really far behind on the progrem. I've started purchasing the season, just to fill in. Good to know that Eunny is over at Craftsy.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
Karenlenae wrote
on Mar 22, 2014 2:24 PM

I MISS EUNNY!! Knitting daily with Vicki is boring now and not at all worthwhile for me to watch. Vicki can not hold a candle to the caliber of knitter Eunny was. I hope Knitting Daily will not settle for this and will look for a better replacement for Eunny. I am SO DISAPPOINTED! 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
flyingfinn wrote
on Mar 23, 2014 2:08 PM

Confused  Why do we miss Eunny Jang so much, She was SWEET, and a very Good Teacher. I LOVED to watch Her. She inspired me to Knit, I looked forward to See Her Kniting Daily Show.This New Show is Boooo..ring. I rather Clean House. As they say  "All Good Things will End some Day" and it Did. Angry 

Page 1 of 3 (45 items) 1 2 3  Next > | RSS