Arrowhead Camisole Armhole Edging

This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower
Not Ranked
Posts 10
lina_lucchi wrote
on Apr 1, 2014 6:43 AM

Armhole edging - to pick up 42 sts along front edge (check) 9 sts along underarm edge (check) and 52 sts along back edge. That's where the problem is. I'm not able to pick up that much sts. I manage to pick up 38 sts, and I've pick every single st. Is it ok to carry on with the I-cord with less sts? If no, how do I add sts to these 38 sts that I have?

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 312
on Apr 1, 2014 7:29 AM

Lovely top.  I don't have the actual pattern so a couple questions,

Are you picking up sts on a 1:1 basis in (what appears to be) the existing lace loops along the front edge, or are you picking up sts based upon some gauge/ratio (ex. 4 pick-ups every inch) or some combination of both (loops on front, gauge/ratio on back)?

What size are you making and did you make any personal adjustments?

Not Ranked
Posts 10
lina_lucchi wrote
on Apr 1, 2014 9:42 AM

I'm picking up on a 1:1 basis and no, I did not make any adjustments to the pattern....

Top 25 Contributor
Posts 312
on Apr 1, 2014 10:43 AM

Whether or not you should carry on depends on your I-cord gauge-stretchiness. I cord is usually quite stretchy but, when done as an edging it is less so.

Does the back edge seem to be puckering?  If so, you likely need to pick up the additional sts as directed.  You can do this by not only picking up 1 st in the obvious spot (gap between sts or rows) but by occasionally picking up a second st in the loop of the edge st itself .

Not Ranked
Posts 10
lina_lucchi wrote
on Apr 1, 2014 10:48 AM

Ok will do my picking up again to get the required number of sts. And thanks for the tips.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS