The Official Kayleen Pullover Knit-Along Forum

This post has 826 Replies | 84 Followers rated by 12 users
Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote
on Jul 23, 2014 4:06 PM

Donna, I understand about the laundry problem, having knit many items for grandkids.  I'm looking forward to seeing the finished sweater.  

Good luck with all your knitting and crocheting!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
stellaps wrote
on Jul 23, 2014 6:45 PM

I found the best video on a three stitch I-cord to be the one on the Interweave site.  It really isn't hard - (but I was afraid, too)

Not Ranked
Posts 14
emsweat wrote
on Jul 23, 2014 7:04 PM

How is everyone doing the shoulder seam. I usually use mattress seam and I know how to do horizontal to horizontal with stockinette stitch, but not sure about stockinette to reverse stockinette. any suggestions appreciated :)

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Nemuko wrote
on Jul 23, 2014 8:30 PM

Finally getting started knitting, am working on the hem. I had the yarn, but my hand was bitten by a dog as I was delievering meals to seniors.  It was swollen and puffy, not useful at all.  You never know what  will happen in life!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
Butterfly113 wrote
on Jul 23, 2014 9:02 PM

I've just begun the separation of left/right front and am very pleased with the way it's working out.  I've not figured out the photo yet, but I will when it's finished.  I'm glad for the group as I might have put it aside without the deadline.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote
on Jul 24, 2014 7:01 AM

I hope you have had the dog bite injury checked out by a physician.  Dog and cat bits can produce serious infections.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote

I hope you have had the dog bite injury checked out by a physician.  Dog and cat bits can produce serious infections.

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 50
diamora24 wrote

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Nemuko wrote
on Jul 24, 2014 7:44 AM

I did. When I went to my doctor for antibiotics, his secretary called the town office to check the records, and the dog had had rabies shots.  It's a small toothy dog that guards a fragile elderly woman who is loosing her eye sight. She has neighbors and relatives checking on her everyday.  She needs her dog to feel secure.  She's one of those people that everyone loves, she taught many people how to ride horses.  I didn't want to cause her trouble. Now I know to be sure she has the dog in a back room before I go in.  Thank you for your concern!

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jul 24, 2014 1:41 PM

Awesome. This is what makes me stay motivated and keep knitting. I know I can do controlled stitching like this one day...

Not Ranked
Posts 5
on Jul 24, 2014 1:44 PM

Sorry to hear you'll be off the knitting map for awhile. Rest up and feel better! Hopefully you can knit vicariously though us on the forums!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Uleedog wrote
on Jul 24, 2014 5:28 PM

Thank you for extending it!  My yarn just came and I love it-- a lovely green Sabine.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
musgnung wrote
on Jul 24, 2014 7:14 PM

Thanks Stellaps, I am just about to be at the i-cord and was wondering about it. Will check it out. So far, so pleased with the outcome, by far the most technically tricky thing i've made...The slippery yarn is the worst offender. Have a long plane ride and figure I-cord will be mindless enough!Stick out tongue

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jul 27, 2014 10:22 PM

Can you please tell us how you made the size adjustment that you needed?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,543
Editor
ForumModerator
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 28, 2014 4:48 PM

My math is on page 14 in the forum, about the middle of the page. Good luck!

Page 50 of 56 (827 items) « First ...  < Previous  48 49 50 51 52  Next >  ... Last » | RSS