How a Knit-Along Works

This post has 18 Replies | 9 Followers
Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,460
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on May 16, 2014 5:07 PM | Locked

It's easy! Just get your pattern, yarn, and whatever else you need. Start knitting, following the schedule set out by the moderator (usually me!).

Post your questions, comments, advice, and—most importantly—photos! Here's how to post photos, FYI.

The beauty of a knit-along is that everyone is working on the pattern at the same time, so we can share all of our victories, and help others with little defeats along with way.

It's a great experience, so have fun!

Not Ranked
Posts 3
Moonchild68 wrote
on May 21, 2014 9:14 AM

I'm so in!  Just waiting for my yarn but I have the pattern 

this is my first knit along. I can't wait to get started!  

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Jean@3 wrote
on May 21, 2014 4:08 PM

Please add me to the KAL.

Thanks!

jeannie

Not Ranked
Posts 9
Jean@3 wrote
on May 21, 2014 4:08 PM

Please add me to the KAL.

Thanks!

jeannie

Not Ranked
Posts 11
Becky1217 wrote
on May 22, 2014 6:12 AM

I'm in!  Can't wait but I'm confused about which size to choose. I measure a size 36 bust but want the top to fit similar to the way it is modeled. Any suggestions?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
aljteacher wrote
on May 22, 2014 9:27 AM

I'm really interested, but have never done a knit along!  And I'm sort of a beginning knitter, too.  Many, many scarves...I think I'll give it a try, though!  :)

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,460
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on May 23, 2014 2:48 PM

Becky1217:

I'm in!  Can't wait but I'm confused about which size to choose. I measure a size 36 bust but want the top to fit similar to the way it is modeled. Any suggestions?

Hi Becky,

Did you decide which size? I was out of the office, so I'm behind on my replies.

If I were you, I would probably knit the 32½, which would give you 3 1/2 inches of negative ease I think that would be great. If you're nervous about that much negative ease, knit the 34¾. That'll only give you 2 and 1/4 inches of negative ease, though. And you might lose that 1/4 inch in blocking, so it would be just two inches. So I recommend the smaller size.

From here on out, please post in the official forum for the KAL. It's the one two topics below below this one, with the little flower at the left.

Thanks,

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 13
gigi1959 Geeked [8-|] wrote
on May 24, 2014 10:51 AM

I am excited to be in my first Knit A Long with you all.  I am currently knitting a shrug and will start knitting this project next.  It's nice reading everyone's comments as they receive their pattern and yarn.  Is there anyone out there that lives near Rancho Cucamonga, CA.   Love to work with you on this project.  Also in October there is a Kniiters yarn and workshop in Long Beach.  If anyone is interested I will send you the link.  Can't wait to get started (catch up with you all).  No I'm not from the south, just Southern California (We like to talk like someone else, ours is so plain).

Not Ranked
Posts 4
gfergy wrote
on May 24, 2014 8:22 PM

This is my first attempt and I'm a very busy person but love the sweater and using different wool

Count me in 

I'll find the wool I have in the basement next time.

Regards

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Melissrnclnc wrote
on May 24, 2014 11:27 PM

Hi Gigi

melissa here from commerce near the citadel outdoor shopping off the 5 freeway. I would love the link to the event in long beach ;) is it at Los alamitos bay knitting ? I like it there ;)

i have never done a knit along and that would be cool to meet up as well ;)

melissa

323 974-5703

melissarnclnc@me.com

Not Ranked
Posts 3
chrisgranny wrote
on May 25, 2014 4:34 AM

Hi Kathleen

I like the look of this pattern, but wondered if it is possible to buy single copy of the magazine? I live in Wales, UK, and have not seen copies of any  interweave magazines on the shelves. I'd be happy with a digital copy.

Thanks

Chris

Not Ranked
Posts 13
gigi1959 Crying [:'(] wrote
on May 28, 2014 10:40 AM

Hi Kathleen,

I have keyed in my introduction to you twice, someone has seen it and responded to me.  Every time I try to email any one even you I get that dreadful Mailer Demon.  I am on a Mac, What am I doing wrong or should I say what should I do?

Thanks,

gigi1959

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,460
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on May 28, 2014 7:33 PM

gigi1959:

Hi Kathleen,

I have keyed in my introduction to you twice, someone has seen it and responded to me.  Every time I try to email any one even you I get that dreadful Mailer Demon.  I am on a Mac, What am I doing wrong or should I say what should I do?

Thanks,

gigi1959

Well, this came through, so you're doing something right! You just hit reply and type, type, type. Then you hit post, the button on the bottom left of the screen.

Everything takes place in the KAYLEEN KAL FORUM, not in email, so please go there to get advice and ask your questions, give comments, kudos, etc.

Hope this helps.

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,460
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on May 28, 2014 7:36 PM

Dear everyone who's posting in this forum:

This is NOT the official KAL forum. It's just a post to talk about how a general KAL works.

So please take your conversation over to the KAYLEEN KAL FORUM, and have fun!

Thanks,

Kathleen

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Ctink64 wrote
on Jun 1, 2014 10:34 AM

Hi, I have added several posts as favorites, however I can't seem to locate where the favorites are kept?  Help! Please and Thank-You!

Page 1 of 2 (19 items) 1 2  Next > | RSS