Cocoon Stitch

This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
bamcdonald wrote
on Apr 20, 2009 6:33 PM

I want to do the Cocoon Stitch Kimono in the Spring Edition of Knit, but can not for the life of me figure out the Cocoon Stitch. Does any know a good way to learn? I am a visual person, so if anyone know a website that has pictures of how to do I would be so grateful.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Apr 21, 2009 3:07 PM

Have you tried searching for a demo on YouTube?  That's were I usually find demonstrations.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
bamcdonald wrote
on Apr 22, 2009 12:42 PM

Great idea! Thank you I will try that.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
LoreenK wrote
on Apr 22, 2009 4:47 PM

Hi,

Have you tried knitty.com?   

Not Ranked
Posts 1
yinlar wrote
on Apr 13, 2010 11:49 AM

Hi there,

Did you ever find the pattern to knit this cocoon stitch? I came across a picture of a swatch and simply love it.  I'm now out trying to look for the pattern so I can knit something up.  So far, all I have is knit multiples into 1 stitch and purl 5 together to decrease.

I also came across Interweave Knits Spring 2009 which is suppose to have a pattern in there for this. 

Any idea where I can get my hands on the pattern to save me time from going to the library or searching on the net some more??

thanks!

Yinlar

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 986
AndreaW wrote
on Apr 16, 2010 9:42 PM

Hi Yinlar...

yinlar:

Any idea where I can get my hands on the pattern to save me time from going to the library or searching on the net some more??

The pattern for this sweater is in the Spring 2009 issue of Interweave Knits. Pics on page 28 as well as w/ the pattern starting on page 54.  It's shown in sort of a pinky violet color they call passionfruit (light violet). Pretty color...pretty sweater!!!

Hope this helps .... Andrea

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS