Crocheted Picot Edging

This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
dfoley356 wrote
on May 22, 2009 1:42 PM

I saw a sweater that had a picot edging crocheted all around it and it was so pretty!  I don't know anything about crocheting but I'd be willing to learn to do that.  Does anyone know how to crochet a picot edging? 

Not Ranked
Posts 6
MsMerricat wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 8:48 AM

Hi dfoley Smile

Picots are not difficult. Usually they are based on a single crochet stitch (for instance) you make the single crochet st. and then you chain 3 or 4 (whatever the pattern calls for) and then you slip stitch in the first chain (the furthest one from the hook) that is what makes the little bump. They are very pretty I just finished a doily that had waaaaaaaaaaay too many of them. I like the look but I get sick of making them. LOL

You might try youtube for instructional videos. They have some very good ones there that people have posted. It is difficult to explain, at least for myself, something that the learner needs a visual for.

Crocheting is very easy to learn. I have both knit and crocheted since I was quite young ...you never know when you might want to use both in one project. Wink

hattah

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
craftcre8r wrote
on Jun 24, 2009 10:22 AM

Hi there,

I've been crocheting for a LONG time and something I can tell you is there is always something new to learn or improve upon.  For a beginner, you might try a website called learntocrochet.com.  I agree that youtube.com also has some great videos.  For printable references, numerous websites carry instructions, including lionbrand.com.  Hope this helps.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
j3rems wrote
on Feb 9, 2011 4:31 AM

I also see that kind of style and it was so pretty to add on the sweater I make in my grandma.

contemporary furniture | modern lounge chairs

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS