Knit for the Cure Campaign

This post has 6 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 1
Barbara@13 wrote
on Jun 2, 2009 10:24 AM

Grab your needles and knit something wonderful to support breast cancer awareness and services in San Diego.  A hat, a scarf, a purse, a pin… whatever!  The only guideline is that you incorporate the color pink in your creation.

Stop by your local yarn shop or visit the Susan G. Komen for the Cure® San Diego Affiliate website at www.komensandiego.org  for more information how to participate in this worthwhile event.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
utrinkets wrote
on Oct 9, 2009 9:11 AM

I have a yarn shop and I am in the process of planning our third Knit-In for the Cure for 2010.  We knit and crochet for 24 hrs, from noon-noon, making chemo caps, lap blankets, and shawls for those going through chemo treatments.  Our local Susan G. Komen chapter then takes the donated items to our local infussion rooms so people can pick out what they would like to have.  I have been blessed with the opportunity to share this time with many people that are battling cancer and their family members or friends that come in.  Now one of my regulars is fighting the fight and we have made hats for her.  This is just such a rewarding event for everyone involved.  People travel from hours away to join in on the event and make it a girls weekend.  I had men bringing in hats that they have made.   I have received calls from Florida to California.  Some of my suppliers donate yarn every year for this event and have been such wonderful supporters. 

We also have a silent auction with all proceeds going to Susan G. Komen.  I would love to see this become an event at as many local yarn shops that are fun enough and crazy enough to do it.  We have a blast, especially in the wee hours of the morning when we are getting a little loopy.  If anyone out there would like any information on this, I will check back to this post and get in touch with you.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jan 16, 2010 6:31 PM

i did that it was so much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!">">">">">">">">">">">">">">">

Not Ranked
Posts 4
PjB@2 wrote
on Feb 4, 2010 1:15 PM

Please excuse me, but I can't find any info for any Knit-Outs for 2010, especially at Mall of America.  Can anyone help?  Thank you Very Much!     pj

Not Ranked
Posts 1
mistystars wrote
on Feb 21, 2010 2:06 PM

this is what i found.

Knit Out 2010

Yep... from April 30 to May 2, 2010, knitters will gather once again in Guthrie, Oklahoma. With famous knitters like Cookie A., Jared Flood, and Sally Melville, you'll be sure to learn everything you need to know and get knitting instructions that will help take you to the next knitting level.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Feb 27, 2010 7:45 PM

I am knitting a hat, the hat name is “Dean Street Hat. The pattern has a cable stitch (Right Front Cross) I believe this stitch doesn’t need a cable needle. I wonder if somebody is familiar with this stitch. I need help.

tHANK YOU!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
devidgt wrote
on Feb 2, 2011 11:18 AM

nice site.....
very cool site man!!!!!!!!!!!!!awsome
i m new here..pls help me to get a new experince....thank u.

wd1600
PS-5161-1D1S
     15inch LCD Flat
wd1600aabb

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS