Knitting Daily newsletter

This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 24
AnneG wrote
on Jun 12, 2009 10:51 AM

Does anyone at IK actually read these forum posts?  Sandi?  Eunny?  Anyone?

If so, please STOP with the endless spam of advertising your stuff and go back to the lively, informative, INTERESTING posts you used to do!  Knitting tips and techniques.  How to modify patterns.  Even the cover shoot video was interesting, even though I do not understand how the decision was made to show the beige schmatte over the bright lacy tank on the cover ... but that's just me. The Galleries are very interesting.

Seriously, folks, I am about to cancel my subscription because I'm NOT getting what I want.  I did not sign up for "daily advertising spam" and that is what I am now getting.  I don't mind a small banner ad at the bottom touting a new book, your book sale, and things of that nature.  

I'll give you a few days to reply.  Hopefully, you'll read all of the posts on this topic and make some much-needed, permanent changes to the Knitting Daily newsletter content.

Thank you.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 27
shayb wrote
on Jun 19, 2009 6:53 AM

AnneG,

We do appreciate your comments, and are taking them into consideration. 

I do understand your frustration.  Please bear with us while we are considering new options for our emailing program.

Thanks,
Shay

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Jul 12, 2009 5:37 PM

Shay, and so? Did you reconsider new options? I'm not stopping my suscripton but I sincerely delete most of the mails just because the subject tell me that it only contens add. And as a matter of act I live far from USA, in south America and I'm not able to buy any of you offers

Elena

Not Ranked
Posts 8
tnm wrote
on Jul 14, 2009 2:37 AM

Ditto the above comments about entire e-mail posts being ads for your books, magazines, etc.  I am nearly at the end of my patience with this approach to the daily newsletter. If you don't have enough content to cover daily editions, try doing a Mon/Wed/Fri format of how-tos, who-does, what's-new, etc. . As Anne G. said, a banner ad at the bottom is OK.  As it is, I delete most of your editions without reading them, as they are nothing but ads. I would like to gain knowledge from the newsletter.  Thanks very much for what you do that I like!  Hope I won't have to cancel my subscription.  ~NM in MN

Not Ranked
Posts 5
Jessica@3 wrote
on Aug 1, 2009 11:27 AM

I agree about the endless run of advertising. I realize that you need to advertise but honestly if there were just one tip or trick included in with it I would probably not feel that I am wasting my time by even taking a look.  Obviously the free patterns are a hit, but I also enjoy when there is a tip, trick or other informative message with perhaps an ad for the book that is related to the information.  I just don' t like having day after day of just advertising coming my way.  I've taken to having the newsletter go into a special folder that I don't even bother with unless I have extra time. This makes it part of the endless "stuff", not something that I look forward to receiving each day.

I'd really be ok with one coming a few times each week or even once a week if you felt that you needed to do that in order to present consistent content worth reading.

I'm not saying  - no advertising - just don't do the "only advertising" newsletters. I just hit delete, but if I have to delete to many times in a row, an unsubscribe is sure to follow.

Jess

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 15
SandraS@2 wrote
on Sep 1, 2009 11:12 PM

I wish I could agree with everyone, but I don't even get the newsletter anymore.  One day it just stopped and nothing I do will get anyone to start it again which is doggone frustrating. The ads were bugging me too, but I didn't even stop it, it just stopped itself.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Rita EF wrote
on Sep 2, 2009 10:00 AM

I agree with Sandra!  I used to get  newsletter but it stopped.  I really liked it with Sandy's notes and how-tos but there does not seem to be any more.   Rita E

Not Ranked
Posts 4
on Jul 16, 2010 6:40 PM

Hi:

I'm in the same position as Sandra - used to get the newsletter but it just stopped coming - I've asked Kathleen to let me know why and how to get it going again, but haven't heard yet.  I also agree with too many ads, but there is some great stuff - including the people who post great advice and tips, etc.  I'm glad I can at least see that I'm not the only one who is frustrated.

Vivian

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Charlene Gee wrote
on Jul 16, 2010 11:10 PM

Hi Rita,

You are so right! There was a time when I would rush to my laptop each morning to see if Knitting Daily emailed a newsletter filled with exciting reads and patterns from Sandra. All of a sudden, the newsletter disappeared. I signed up again but to no avail. I just looked at one of my cd's from Knitting Daily TV and became really upset. It seems as though the only way I can get something from Knitting Daily is to purchase something thru the internet. I was shocked to find out that you guys have been posting remarks about how you feel about Knitting Daily lately. I'm not happy at all.

Charlene

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,589
Zoe wrote
on Jul 17, 2010 9:13 AM

Hi to all you who have/have not been getting the KD newsletter,

There has been nothing wrong with the KD newsletter getting emailed out.  I have been getting it all along without any problems.  I do love all the information included in the letters.  I also do not have any gripe about their advertizing products in this newsletter.  The newsletter is not just for people who live in urban areas who have ready access to all things.  I live in a very remote rural area of Canada and appreciate the shopping I can do on line.  Please consider some other customers' needs besides your own.  It is also hard to step into someone elses shoes when filling a job and their new direction is obvious.  

If you don't like the free newsletter, why then just have them stop coming to your email address.  In today's society, it seems that everyone wants to gripe.  Your lives must be pretty sad indeed.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS