Tell us what you think about Knitting Daily's new website!

This post has 57 Replies | 4 Followers
Top 200 Contributor
Posts 27
shayb wrote
on Jun 15, 2009 4:04 PM

We are very excited to kick off the new Knitting Daily website!  We have worked hard to make it a fun and friendly place for all of you.  We hope you enjoy it as much as we have enjoyed putting it together for you.

We would like to ask you all to do something to help us help you.  Please take some time, navigate around, and tell us what you think about the new site!  Post your comments in this thread.

Of course, we love to hear all the wonderful comments (we really, really love to hear them), but the input on how we can do a better job for you is also very important to us!  This is your chance right now!

Thanks,

Shay Black
Interweave Customer Support Manager

Not Ranked
Posts 2
brendij wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 5:50 PM

The site is so readable!!!  It is much easier 

to read this new page!  I find it easier on the 

eyes and less confusing.  

Great Job!

Not Ranked
Posts 10
April wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 5:58 PM

I agree. I like the new site , everything is right at your fingertips.  I am going to like looking at the readers gallery pics.  It will be helpful I think.  Thanks for the new site.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Mini@7 wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 6:04 PM

The new website is really nice. I love the colors, the layout is easy to read and navigation is simple.

But I have one (I guess you'd call it) complaint. When Knitting Daily first went up, the crochet patterns were moved over and early newsletters indicated that there would be crochet topics from time to time. I think I've seen one newsletter where crochet was mentioned. So not to take away from all of the knitters out there, but are there any plans to start up a Crochet Daily newsletter? Those of us that are crochet lovers would greatly appreciate that!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
kay43026 wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 6:14 PM

I agree with the others...I love the new website.  I'm anxious to browse and have some fun!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Sharon@9 wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 6:25 PM

I also love the new website.  I have spent several minutes browsing and it is very easy to navigate.  Good work and many thanks!

Not Ranked
Posts 9
madnitter wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 6:36 PM

The new site is fantastic - easy to find things and move around.  A little slow this evening  but probably lots of people taking a look at the new look

Not Ranked
Posts 3
SusanE@3 wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 6:39 PM

Thank you so very much for all of your collective hard work!  This is going to be such a help to me to see the tutorials.  I appreciate the enthusiastic staff of Interweave Knits.  All of you have contributed so much to my ability to "see" how a project could possibly be made up and that I absolutely DO have the knit/purl skills to accomplish what I want to knit.  Thanks again!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
LyndaT wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 7:07 PM

I Love the new website.

So easy to navigate and definitely easy on the eyes.

Thanks. I am really going to love coming here more now.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
SusanL@109 wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 7:17 PM

I love the new website!! Very easy to navigate. Thanks.

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Shirley Shin wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 7:49 PM

Hi , I am very pleased to see a much more easy to navigate website. I have zoomed around Knitting daily for the last 10 minutes and it all looks good.

I tried to send pics to the photo gallery of two newly finished projects but couldn't work out how to do it. iIam not very computer literate and found the photo gallery page ok but didn't see how to add a pic. Otherwise I loved it all. keep up the good work. LOL, Shirley (Tokyo)

Not Ranked
Posts 1
SindyF wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 8:38 PM

Oh I think it is a beautiful website.  Much easier to navigate and friendly to users!!   Sindy

Not Ranked
Posts 10
WandersFar wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 10:07 PM

I think the new layout is very pretty and I love the color scheme and general design.

I'm getting a couple blank pop-ups when I first log into the site (before signing in) and parts of the site appear to be blank... hopefully this will all be worked out in the near future.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MargaretD@2 wrote
on Jun 17, 2009 10:16 PM

Dear Shay,  Just love the new knitting daily's new website, as I am not really good on the computer I sometimes found your last website a bit difficult to follow but now I have no trouble Thank you.     I also find your magazine very interesting & informative.  Thank you .........Margaret 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
KatieD wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 4:59 AM

I'm assuming you do want some real feedback here...

1. While I understand this is a commercial enterprise and you do have to make a living, it would be lovely if, when I go to enter the website, there were fewer ads.  As this is a new site, I haven't extensively explored the system yet, and haven't had the much of  'pop up' experience here, but I have noticed that no matter where I go, I land on an ad first thing and then have to look around the page to find what I thought i was going for. 

2. Annoying, but not as annoying as the numerous ads I receive in the guise of a Knitting Daily email that is nothing more than an ad for one of your products.  Could there be some way of editing the type of emails I get from you?  I already subscribe to the magazine and buy many of the books you publish (I am a confessed biblioholic).  Maybe a quarterly announcement of what books we can anticipate?  With photos of the finished garments and what techniques we might learn from the book?

3. Will I be able to get to things here without multiple clicks through pages of ads to get to patterns?  

I know this critique may sound cranky but you asked!

PS I appreciate your tutorials ("Bust Darts, Bust Darts!" from Sandi is a STAR!!!).  Glad to see it's still here, even if buried in the blog....

KatieD

Page 1 of 4 (58 items) 1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS