Tell us what you think about Knitting Daily's new website!

This post has 57 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
KathleenA wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 5:15 AM

I am in total agreement with Katie D.  I find that there is only something in the Knitting Daily email maybe once or twice a week, the rest are ads.  Could the ad be in addition to some daily post?  I also subscribe to the magazine, and really don't need to see a plug for one of the many Interweave magazines.

I also find the tutorials great.

I wasn't able to get on the old Knitting Daily website the past month, so being able to actually post something is great.

Posting past tutorials on the website would be welcome.  I save those emails, but my mailbox is pretty cluttered, so it would be nice to log in here and just look for the lesson I want.  Reader comments and additions to the tutorials would be wonderful as well.

Thanks.

KathleenA

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Ruth Anne@2 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 5:33 AM

I like the site, but I really like to knit items for the home.  Could you add a tab for patterns for the home.  It could be for items like pillows or saches or wine bottle covers, etc.

Thanks -

Ruth Anne

Not Ranked
Posts 4
PennyR wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 5:52 AM

This is so cool!  I love it!

Not Ranked
Posts 2
cindy1017 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 6:03 AM

I love the new website and the ads don't bother me at all.  In fact, there are many times I see an ad and it inspires me to do something new and different or to try a new product or technique.  I also subscribe to the magazines, and all I can say is I can never get enough information or inspiration about knitting and creating!  Keep up the good work!

Cindy

Not Ranked
Posts 11
AprilL wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 6:04 AM

I think this is great! I love the little slide show of the galleries. I actually found patterns I missed and had never seen before while browsing.

I don't mind the ads now because they are off to the side and placed out of the way,  I do look at some of them and I must say I have found several online stores and suppliers from the, ads so they are handy.

I really like it, it was a brilliant change and I really enjoy looking through the site. Thanks!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Judy@10 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 6:05 AM

Love the new website and very easy to navigate.  The only problem I have found is that when I pull up the patterns from the daily TV shows I can see the people from the show but the item I want to consider knitting is almost impossible to view.  Is there a way to enlarge the item for the patterns so we can see what the finished product looks like?

All-in-all this is a wonderful improvement on the site and I love looking around and seeing what you have accomplished.  Thanks for a great new idea!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
DixieB wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 6:12 AM

I am excited about the changes.  I love the Knitting Daily show, look forward to receiving Knitting Daily in my e-mail,  and really enjoy your patterns.  Good luck for much success with this new venue.  Have a great summer.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
karen@306 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 6:26 AM

I love the new look of your site! I am a fairly new subscriber and really enjoy IK magazine and website. I have ordered several books and past mags and have been pleased with everything except for a pdf I ordered yesterday. I downloaded the Summer Stole and when I checked on the yarns the pattern calls for, two of them are discontinued. Needless to say, I am very disappointed but hope to find yarns that I can use.Any suggestions?

Karen

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jun 18, 2009 6:49 AM

Kudos, it is great! But please don't leave out "what is on Sandi's needles" cuz it is my favorite, vicarious knitting pleasure!

Not Ranked
Posts 7
Lsharr wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 7:10 AM

I agree that posting all the old tutorials on the website would be a great idea.  My mailbox gets littered enough and even though I "slide" the tutorials into a "knitting daily" folder,  that gets difficult to manage too.  Having them all listed here would be super!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
WoodardD wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 7:22 AM

I agree as well.  I love the site, however, I am overwhelmed with all the advertisements.  I already subscribe to the magazine of my choice.  Also, I could never post before so this is great.

I need to view a little more before I make any additional comments.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
DancinJean wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 7:23 AM

What about a Crochet Daily?  I would like to see more crochet articles.  And just to let you know, your website has been very helpful!

Jean Nash

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 53
Danielle wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 7:30 AM

Hi Mini@7 -

Just a quick note to let you know that for crochet lovers, Interweave has a weekly newsletter from  CrochetMe (a sister site).  You can sign up for that here: http://crochetme.com/ (look in the right nav bar for newsletter sign up).  In the meantime, I will be sure to pass on your interest in more Crochet from Knitting Daily!  I'm guessing you'll see fellow crochet lovers taking advantage of the Galleries so please keep checking back!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
judicb wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 7:40 AM

Hi, I love your new website and it's great features! One suggestions for you - could you please show us a picture of the finished item on the Free Knitting Daily TV Patterns,  BEFORE we download it. That would be a huge benefit. Thanks, Judi

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 20
Jason wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 8:24 AM

We really appreciate your feedback, and understand that many of the users that use Knitting Daily are readers and subscribers to many of our wonderful products, and are aware of what Interweave is all about.

The ads that are sprinkled through the site are mostly focused on users that have not heard of Interweave, and really don’t know what magazines and books are available. We work to try to present items that are of interest to our users, and present something you would find useful for yourself or a friend.

Things like these site ads or book, dvd, or pattern promotions that is sent in the emails, help us to build projects that benefit our readers, and is the reason that we are able to present such a wonderful new Knitting Daily community.

Thank you for your support of Knitting Daily!

Page 2 of 4 (58 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS