Tell us what you think about Knitting Daily's new website!

This post has 57 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 3
Maida M.@2 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 9:25 AM

I liked the look of the "old" site better, with the deeper top band; not everything new is better.  But ] I guess I'll get used to the new look.  What I LOVE about your pattern models is that you are using at least a few "older" models, so I can see, more or less, what designs might look like on me.  As I am not too old, let's say upper middle age, I am having trouble deciding what is age appropriate, having come from the days of suits for work, jeans for everything else. But thanks, for keeping Knitting Daily fresh. ~ LuvKnitting13

Not Ranked
Posts 12
BarbaraF@3 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 9:27 AM

I like the new web site, but I'm having a little trouble navigating it.  In today's email telling about the site, Sandy said that Eunie had a blog.  I haven't figured out how to get to anyone's blog but Sandy's.  How do I get to Eunie's blog?

Thanks, Barb

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Jun 18, 2009 9:31 AM

I think your new Knitting Daily's website is fabulous!  I love all the information and patterns, colors and everything is so wonderful.  Great job!  I am a knitter but kind of a beginner, even though I once knitted a raglan sweater for my husband.  I just do small projects at present.  However, with your website I am sure I will try much more.  Thank you so much.

Gerri

Not Ranked
Posts 2
diana272 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 9:47 AM

The colors and design of the website looks great, but as a professional with 2 jobs and work on an MBA, my treasured knitting time is limited.  I find Blogs to be completely assinine and time consuming.  Couldn't there be a better use of your expertise and this forum than a Blog?

Diana272@msn.com

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
JanL wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 10:11 AM

Overall I guess it's good and easier to read.  The free pattern section is only marginally better though. I HATE that you can't see what half the patterns actually look like even though you have thumnails. Having the Knitting Daily TV show crew with the project on the table is ridiculous. We NEED to be able to see each project clearly in the thumnails! Even when I clicked the pattern the project is difficult to see.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
craftcat wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 11:03 AM

Love it, love it, love it. I have posted replys all over the place. I would love to show off the lace shawls I made but wouldn't know how to go about it. I will have my girlfriend take the photos. She is much more computer literate than I and will figure out how to put them into the gallery.

Thank you for a wonderful web site.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
PatriciaG@34 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 11:04 AM

I joined Knitting daily when you did away with your crochet newsletter. I am really disappointed as now you have done away with all things crochet. I did a search and all I came up with were stuff from the archives. I as a crocheter am truly upset.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
skooterbunny wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 11:17 AM

Hi, Nice to see some of the changes, haven't used them all yet.  I note some folk having issues with loading pictures to the site. 

There is one issue I would LOVE to see made more user friendly.  When you send an email offering free patterns, why in heaven's name to I have to jump through so many hoops to get it.  If I say yes I would like to download a pattern, I don't want to have to go through that step two more times before I can actually download the pattern.  I should be able to click yes and the download link should start.  It is more time consuming than it needs to be.  Now granted I haven't tried it today, but I wonder if that has changed.

In the past there was one problem that drove me crazy, it was the login issue.  I would put in my name and p/w and the site would not recognize it repeatedly. I would re-check and yes, I was correct, but it still didn't recognized the login info.  So I gave up.  I would try again in a few hours, and voila the same information was accepted. NOW I just tried to login again,  it didn't recognize my login info.  I had to play around with this, then log in using an OLD Netscape site that I haven't used forever.  So I am wondering if this will continue or not.  I save my name and p/w for general sites on my computer.  Yet Knitting Daily is the only site that doesn't always recognize my info. 

You asked, I hope you listen.

PS where is the originating clock.  My post shows 5 hours after I actually posted.??

Not Ranked
Posts 2
violets wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 11:18 AM

Love the new site, it's so easy to navigate. I am particularly looking forward the the readers gallery. Congratulations on a great job!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
luv2knit@7 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 11:23 AM

OMG :)  Great site.  Easy to read, easy to navigate. LUV IT!! 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
AnneMarieW@2 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 11:28 AM

I have to agree.  I just downloaded the coffee shop sweater and was quite diasappointed.  A pattern with out a picture is bogus.

Not Ranked
Posts 5
skooterbunny wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 11:34 AM

Hi

I personally like this site because it is a Knitting site.  I also crochet, but I don't like sites that mix up the crafts a lot. 

Most yarn companies do this, and it is really confusing with the patterns, not that it couldn't be sorted out, but why should anyone have to look at a pattern and THEN find out it is a crochet pattern.   I know there are sites exclusive to crocheting and do it very well, as this site does for the knitter.

If I sort through patterns, I don't want to have to MAKE SURE it is a knitting pattern.  I also don't buy books or pattern books with the mix of knitting and crocheting.

When there is crochet info on this site, it would be perfect just as an additive to possibly trim my knitted project.  That would be just enough. When I am in my crochet mood, I can get in detail that information from the crochet sites.

IMO I think a crocheter would gain much more information on a site that is designed exclusive to Crocheting, but please use this for the knitting information, it is great.

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 27
shayb wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 12:38 PM

Hello Barb,

Eunny's blog is something we have in the works, so keep watching for it.  In fact, all the Editors will have blogs going, so the information will be flowing even greater than imagined!

Thanks,
Shay

Top 200 Contributor
Posts 27
shayb wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 12:43 PM

For everyone:

We do appreciate all the comments, and great suggestions!!  Keep them coming!  Don't stop now!  While you are surfing the site, if you find something you absolutely love, or something you would like to see done differently, come on back here and post again!  We value your opinion.

We are currently reviewing everyone's posts, and looking at ways we can meet your expectations, so please know that your requests are being looked at, and considered by all involved here at Interweave. 

Thanks,
Shay

Not Ranked
Posts 4
BettyB@3 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 2:00 PM

You are doing a great job.  Keep up the good work!  AND REMEMBER you can't please everyone all of the time.  We can choose what we like and what serves our knitting needs.  Soooooooooooo as long as we can navigate the site easily and not have to take a lot of time each day on the computer ( more time for kntting!), all is well.

Thanks again.  It is so much fun to SEE KNITTING ON THE SCREEN EVERY DAY!

BettyB@3

Page 3 of 4 (58 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4  Next > | RSS