Tell us what you think about Knitting Daily's new website!

This post has 57 Replies | 4 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 2
Jas@3 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 3:55 PM

The pop up windows are beyond annoying, every time I think I'm going somewhere there is another pop. Please limit these if you  cannot elimiate them all together.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
Jackie@37 wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 4:04 PM

Thank you for the new site! It is absolutely terrific!  :)

I have to share that I just discovered a new (to me) local yarn shop, and the ensuing exchange revealed that the people in the shop were aware of "Knitting Daily" and the only difficulty they had with this site was to decide what to make!

I can totally identify with that  and please understand that I really treasure both your website as well as your assistance with both new and old techniques and patterns!

Bless you!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MsIvy wrote
on Jun 18, 2009 5:11 PM

Getting used to a site is always a challenge. I went to the Series 100 patterns and found there was no way to increase the size of the picture of the projects. Very annoying to have to download to see if you even like, or can use, what's presented.

Just last week I printed out your Poncho Loco project from Fall 2005. Trying to improve the color, today I Googled it and found it is unavailable. Has everything before 2007 been deleted?

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Jun 18, 2009 7:43 PM

Shay,

I am having a problem with the new website.  Every time I click the Free Patterns link in the new emails, I get a page not found message.  When I search free patterns on that page, I get a list of blog entries.  Please give  us the Free Patterns page again.

Knitting Nana 60

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Jun 18, 2009 8:07 PM

I'm back again.  I was looking at the other posts, and read that you are putting the ads there for people who are not familiar with Interweave.  If that is really true, could you eliminate the ads for those of us who login with our user names.  Anyone who has a user name is reasonably familiar with Interweave already.  The worst ad is the one that crops up in the center at the top of the page.  Since you already have the STORE tab at the top of the page, we do not need these ads.  Please work on eliminating at least that ad for those of us who login.

Also, you should check the programming for the box that lists the users online.  I do not see my name there, although I am logged in to the site, and my name shows at the top of the page.

To help those individuals who still think a KNITTING web site should have CROCHET patterns, adding a tab that would take them to CROCHET ME would help.  Although I know how to crochet, I find it much more tedious and less relaxing than knitting.  If I want crochet patterns, I will look for a different web site, not KNITTING DAILY.

Not Ranked
Posts 3
PjD wrote
on Jun 19, 2009 8:01 AM

Tremendous job!  Very useable!!  Thanks a bunch. 

The one thing I would like to see is the use of older models!!!!  Surely there can be a wider range of women used.  I am speaking of woman over 50-60, we do still exist you know!!!  We do still buy your magazines!!  Please do not forget us!!!  It is very disheartening to pick up your magazines (I get 3) and never see an older woman!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
BethW@22 wrote
on Jun 19, 2009 12:04 PM

How come no one ever answers the questions posted in the comments section of the "Needle Arts Studio" episode listings?  For example there are over a dozen people asking about a pattern for a flower petal hat shown on one episode and no one ever answered them.  Why have a place for comments if no one from your company ever reads them?  http://www.knittingdaily.com/blogs/shaypendray/archive/2008/06/26/NAS1611.aspx

These shows are still shown on PBS but we really don't have any communication with you about them. 

Not Ranked
Posts 1
Nancy@225 wrote
on Jun 20, 2009 10:10 AM

Katie D said it well.

Another point : II found it difficult to go through the page after page of pictures. Maybe an index will solve the problem. Only looked for three patterns and had to go around in circles.

The website itself is beautiful and clean looking. I makes you want to look further.

Congratulatiions and good luck!

Nancy A. 

Not Ranked
Posts 2
EllenG@14 wrote
on Jun 20, 2009 1:14 PM

At a quick glance I like it.  Haven't tried to negotiate it much, but think I like it:-)

Thanks

Ellen

Not Ranked
Posts 6
knittinknut wrote
on Jun 21, 2009 6:18 AM

Excellent job -- you managed to improve upon an already lovely site by making it more interesting and navigable.  Thank you!

Top 150 Contributor
Posts 40
JanL wrote
on Jun 21, 2009 9:56 AM

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I can see it's fixed now so the patterns are sooo much easier to find! Yes

Not Ranked
Posts 1
MarianneB wrote
on Jun 22, 2009 7:48 AM

I haven't had a chance to look at everything, but I do like the clean, fresh look.  Thanks!

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 48
Carol Y wrote
on Jun 22, 2009 2:23 PM

Nice to see you guys are making improvements! Smile One thing I noticed is that the photo galleries need to be indexed somehow, with subjects or tags. That'll be really helpful.

Thanks!

Page 4 of 4 (58 items) < Previous  1 2 3 4 | RSS