New Knit-a-Long

This post has 254 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 8
SusanF@7 wrote
on Jul 28, 2009 6:09 PM

s I am finished my pair of socks and think I can see the hanging swinging monkey arms. I am not thrilled with my choice of wool since it was too striped but hey fit well. I chose to do the heel with slip one knit one.I didnot find the pattern difficult to follow at all so I will probably try the pattern again with different wool, probably a different mix, hand painted or something.

It is too warm for socks right now but come winter....... Canada Sue

Not Ranked
Posts 2
wagrmom wrote
on Jul 29, 2009 11:53 AM

I finished mine.  The pattern was very easy to memorize, and went very quickly for me.  I will definitely make these again!  I used some yarn that I dyed myself, and I love the results.  I would like to do them in a solid yarn as well.  But I am absolutely thrilled with how my handpainted yarn worked up in these socks. 

Not Ranked
Posts 4
neuloa wrote
on Jul 29, 2009 1:13 PM

I just noticed this kal and was wondering what the second pattern is and when does it start. I think I am too late for this kal which is ok since I am madly trying to finish Eunice by the end of the month.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
GailH@13 wrote
on Jul 29, 2009 2:23 PM

Where are the pictures?

Not Ranked
Posts 1
tit4tat wrote
on Jul 29, 2009 4:25 PM

I don't understand:  what is a knit along?  I came here, but it just says to cast on....

I LOVE the Monkey Socks and I have wanted to do them - but I am new to sock knitting.  It would be super to have someone to knit along with, in case I got stuck...

Thanks for the reply!

Not Ranked
Posts 11
ladyjanet wrote
on Jul 30, 2009 7:23 AM

I'm just about to turn the heel on my first sock.  Even though I'm making the larger sock, I used the small lace pattern, and I really like it.  You get five patterns around instead of four, and they look "daintier."   More knitting in public yesterday- I was a judge at the county fair (Macrame and latchhook) and knitted while waiting for the other judges to finish.   Sometimes I get funny looks but not at the fair.  The kids are doing beautiful work!  There's a whole new generation of knitters and crocheters coming up.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,334
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 30, 2009 8:49 AM

A knitalong happens when several peopel knit the same thing together, sharing tips and tricks along the way. You can cast on anytime and join us, and get the benefit of reading through all of the posts so far--lots of help here in this forum, and ideas for variations on the pattern, too.

Welcome!

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,334
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 30, 2009 8:50 AM

HI GailH,

The pictures should show up in people's posts--there haven't been a lot of photos, though, so get snapping, people!

I'll post one today of my finished socks.

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,334
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 30, 2009 8:52 AM

I'm going to be posting about the next KAL in the next couple of days, so stay tuned.

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,334
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 30, 2009 9:08 AM

Marie@72:

But where is the pattern for the bear bunting sweater you knit for Henry made out Sirdar Snuggley ? He is darling and I l just love the little sweater! Please share the pattern.

That's Sirdar pattern leaflet I got at and LYS several years ago. Look on Ravelry--my name there is Kathcub--I might have listed the exact pattern. I'll check later today, too.

I can't believe Henry's almost four now! They really do grow up so fast!

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,334
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 30, 2009 9:12 AM

cynthia_stevenson:

Is this KAL still able to be joined...it seems to have been going on for a while now and I figure most people are close to finished.

We are going to wrap it up in a couple of weeks, but feel free to join and start knitting--fast! Smile

Not Ranked
Posts 12
xteech37 wrote
on Jul 30, 2009 9:43 AM

I just received my yarn and plan to start swatching today.  As I am getting into this KAL just before you are going to start a new one, will I no longer be able to get help on the Monkey Socks? Do you know what your next KAL will be?

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,334
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 30, 2009 9:53 AM

barbara j:

I have never knitted socks, but I have some lovely yarn that I think would look best in a PLAIN sock - no fancy patterns - think LLBean ragg socks (only not so heavy).  I am unable to find a plain sock pattern on your website - can you recommend something?  I like to see the look of the yarn itself, unadorned by patterns.  also, it would be easier for a beginning sock knitter, hm?

bj

Hi BJ,

I looked through our Interweave free patterns and there's not a plain stockinette pattern. There has to be one out there on the internet, though. Search in Ravelry for "simple sock" or "stockinette sock" or something like that.

If you want a good book to get you going, try Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. It's amazing--a true step-by-step tutorial--you'll be a pro by the time you finish your first pair of socks.

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,334
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 30, 2009 9:53 AM

barbara j:

I have never knitted socks, but I have some lovely yarn that I think would look best in a PLAIN sock - no fancy patterns - think LLBean ragg socks (only not so heavy).  I am unable to find a plain sock pattern on your website - can you recommend something?  I like to see the look of the yarn itself, unadorned by patterns.  also, it would be easier for a beginning sock knitter, hm?

bj

Hi BJ,

I looked through our Interweave free patterns and there's not a plain stockinette pattern. There has to be one out there on the internet, though. Search in Ravelry for "simple sock" or "stockinette sock" or something like that.

If you want a good book to get you going, try Getting Started Knitting Socks by Ann Budd. It's amazing--a true step-by-step tutorial--you'll be a pro by the time you finish your first pair of socks.

Kathleen

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,334
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Jul 30, 2009 9:55 AM

I'll bet lots of people will be using this forum as they finish up their socks, so just use what's here already and post questions as you go.

Page 14 of 17 (255 items) « First ...  < Previous  12 13 14 15 16  Next >  ... Last » | RSS