New Knit-a-Long

This post has 254 Replies | 14 Followers rated by 2 users
Not Ranked
Posts 11
ladyjanet wrote
on Aug 6, 2009 10:24 AM

I've taught myself as well, and I have the best luck arranging my stitches on DPNS so that my ladders get buried in purl/knit changes, especially in ribbing.  If you can't, then the ladders usually ease out after a couple washes.

Not Ranked
Posts 2
JudyL@27 wrote
on Aug 6, 2009 1:55 PM

Hi !

This is my first post but I have been knitting along since the begining. I love seeing pictures of all your socks so I decided to share a picture of mine.  I  used Meilenweitt Mega Boots Stretch by Lana Grossa from my stash. Thanks everyone for all your sugestions. It has been great fun to hear about lots of different ways to approach this project.  With your help I came out with a great fit.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
onceanddone wrote
on Aug 6, 2009 9:52 PM

When I am using dpn's I rearrange my stitches so I don't start on the next needle with a purl stitch.  This helps me avoid ladders.

Happy knitting,

Diane H.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
SusanW@2 wrote
on Aug 7, 2009 6:55 AM

I'm new to the knit-a-long.  Fairly new knitter.  How does it work?  You pick a pattern, and we knit and ask and post questions and pictures?  Would love to knit along with others, but can't afford a class, and mom lives too far.  This would really be wonderful to do.  Susan

Not Ranked
Posts 9
blacksheep wrote
on Aug 7, 2009 7:15 AM

I am knitting my first pair of socks with self-striping yarn.  Should I try to match the stripes in the second sock to the first?

I am going to start the monkey socks next.  I am left handed.   Do I follow the chart from the left to right?  Or from the right as right handed people do?

Thanks for your help.  I have been reading along and found comfort in your trials and errors.  I have so much to learn.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
on Aug 7, 2009 7:47 AM

Just found where you had a KAL of the Monkey Socks and I would love to do it.  Is it too late? and if not, where do I go to find the KAL.  I downloaded the pattern but would love to do the KAL.  Thanks!

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
on Aug 7, 2009 11:05 AM

Just read all the posts on the KAL and answered my own question.  I guess you just start knitting.  I am planning on knitting the Monkey Socks even tho it is no longer on KAL.  Love the pictures and can't wait to get started.  Looking forward to see what the new KAL will be.  Maybe I can get started on this one at the beginning.  Love all the posts. Such good information.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 18
onceanddone wrote
on Aug 8, 2009 9:04 AM

I hope to finish my first Monkey Sock tomorrow.  Then start the 2nd one.   I will try to post a picture when it is finished. 

I took the survey for the 2nd KAL and voted for the sock (again), I have a lot of sock yarn that I want to work through and this is a fun way to do it.  If I had a second vote I would vote for the Leaf Scarf, as I have yarn in my stash again to use, and it would be fast to finish. 

I want t to continue on my Monkey socks for as long as it takes to finish the 2nd one, but I am not opposed to starting a new KAL project.

Have fun with your knitting,

Diane H.

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 19
Terry E wrote
on Aug 8, 2009 4:47 PM

Hi Judy L,

Love your sock and the colors!!!  It is really beautiful!  Good Job!! I finally finished my second sock today.  Here they are!  I used Colourway JittterBug yarn.  The color is 118, Velvet Damson.  I was REALLY worried that I was going to run out of yarn because I only bought on skein and it was very close but I made it!  Whew.

Thanks to everyone for their posts.  I learned a lot about pattern knitting and lost of other stuff...like "frogging".  I never heard that term before but had to "frog" twice!!

I voted for the "Leaves on the Path Scarf" for the next KAL even though I really like the hoodie too!  Kathleen, thank you!  This is my first KAL and I want to do more.

Terry E

Not Ranked
Posts 12
xteech37 wrote
on Aug 8, 2009 6:25 PM

Hi, Kathleen!

I didn't see Friday's post about the next KAL.  Where was it?

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 46
JanieW@4 wrote
on Aug 9, 2009 11:22 AM

Hi xteech37,

I received the next KAL throught my email about knitting edges.  It is at the bottom and there are five projects and it will say,  take the survey.  I like them all so I really don't care which one is chosen.

I have finished one Monkey Sock and I am starting my second one.  I have enjoyed the KAL becouse I feel like I am part of a knitting group and I am.  I belonged to a knitting group at one time and really enjoyed it.  I have moved and I no longer have a group to knit with, so this has been exciting. Love to see everyone's post and pictures of there socks. I think if I make the Monkey Socks again I will knit a shorter leg. I like my socks a little shorter.

Can not wait to see what we will be knitting next.

Happy Knitting, JJ

Not Ranked
Posts 2
yougogirl609 Confused [8-)] wrote
on Aug 9, 2009 9:00 PM

What is the new KAL project?

Not Ranked
Posts 11
ladyjanet wrote
on Aug 10, 2009 8:32 AM

I'm done with #1 and almost ready for the heel on #2. 

Terry- I love that blue Jitterbug- I may have to hunt some of that down.

Not Ranked
Posts 1
on Aug 10, 2009 11:05 AM

I am also curious about the next KAL, I've never done one before and it sounds like fun.  I'm partial to the hooded sweater, I've never made a sweater before and ever since I've started knitting I've wanted to tackle knitting a sweater.

Top 10 Contributor
Posts 1,452
Editor
SystemAdministrator
on Aug 10, 2009 12:37 PM

Tune in on Friday--I'll be naming the next pattern in my email newletter and blog.

Kathleen

Page 16 of 17 (255 items) « First ...  < Previous  13 14 15 16 17  Next > | RSS