Spidery Tank

This post has 1 Reply | 0 Followers
Not Ranked
Posts 14
TammyE wrote
on Jul 29, 2009 7:47 AM

I just finished the Spidery Tank from IK Summer 2009.  It was a fun and relatively easy piece to do.  I have been knitting for about 3 years but still struggle with guage because I knit very loosely.  The instructions were excellent with one exception; it would have been helpful on the shaping of the front and back straps to have had the designer make note of whether the increases and decreases should be right or left leaning.  That may be a bit too much detail for some, or not an issue for those who are good at visualizing things spatially, but I am not at all.  Somewhat minor, I admit, but it is those details that can make a difference. 

Not Ranked
Posts 3
on Aug 2, 2009 7:49 PM

I am working on the Spidery Tank for my 17 yr old granddaughter.  She wanted the straps longer but they turned out too long.  Also, I don't like the way the straps rolled so I went clear back to the ribbing and started over.  I am working the straps in garter stitch on the edges so they don't curl and I only made 3 pattern repeats in the body.  I'm hoping this turns out better.  She loves it and was disappointed that the first try didn't work out.  I'll let you know how it goes. 

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS