Free pattern: Lace Scarf by Lene Holme Samsoe

This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower rated by 1 users
Not Ranked
Posts 1
CindyC@13 wrote
on Jul 31, 2009 5:57 AM

Are there a couple of errors in this pattern or am I more novice than I realized? The pattern calls for casting on 27 stitches, however the chart only covers 15 stitches. Obviously this will result in the pattern being out of sequence. My first reaction is to either cast on only 15, or widen the scarf a bit by casting on 30 so that the pattern repeats twice. Help?!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
theresa457 wrote
on Oct 1, 2011 10:20 AM

I am right there with you.  I am having trouble since I am not used to charts.  I usually use written directions.  I'm stuck on the repeat part.  It doesn't match the stitch count to me.  Does anyone know if there is written directions for the lace scarf pattern by Lene Home Samsoe?

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 135
chewchew wrote
on Oct 1, 2011 4:30 PM

I hope I can explain this correctly.  The chart consists of 15 stitches, 6 of which are repeated.  So you cast on the 27 stitches, then when you start the chart you work the first 5 stitches of the pattern, then work the next 6 repeat stitches (they'll be repeated 3 times), then you work the last 4.  5+(6x3)+4=27

So it works out to K3, YO, Sssk, (YO, K3, Sssk) repeat 3 times, YO, K3 for the first row.  Hope this helps.  

Not Ranked
Posts 4
theresa457 wrote
on Oct 2, 2011 7:46 PM

Would you be willing to write out all the rows in the chart like you did for the first?  If so I sure would appreciate it as I have tried to start the scarf and got to row 5 many times, but it is not correct.  I am not used to reading a knit chart.  I have knitted for years but this is the first chart pattern  that didn't have written instrucions and I am STUCK!!!  Please help as I have a  lot invested in the beautiful yarns I have chosen for this scarf.  I really appreciate your kindness.

Thanks so much!!!

Sincerely,

Theresa Watson

Not Ranked
Posts 4
theresa457 wrote
on Oct 2, 2011 7:47 PM

Thanks so much for your help!

Top 50 Contributor
Posts 135
chewchew wrote
on Oct 3, 2011 3:44 AM

Certainly, I had problems with charts at first too.  Here goes (and I hope it helps):

Row 1: K3, YO, Sssk (YO, K3, Sssk) repeat 3 times, YO, K3.

Row 2: K1, Purl to last stitch, K1.

Row 3: K2, K2 tog, YO, K1 (YO, Ssk, K1, K2 tog, YO, K1) repeat 3 times, YO, Ssk, K2.

Row 4: K1, Purl to last stitch, K1.

Row 5: K1, K2 tog, YO, K2 (K1, YO, Sssk, YO, K2) repeat 3 times, K1, YO, Ssk, K1.

Row 6: K1, Purl to last stitch, K1.

Row 7: K2, YO, Ssk, K1 (K2 tog, YO, K1, YO, Ssk, K1) repeat 3 times, K2 tog, YO, K2.

Row 8: K1, Purl to last stitch, K1.

Row 9: K3, YO, Sssk (YO, K3, YO, Sssk) repeat 3 times, YO, K3.

Row 10: K1, Purl to last stitch, K1.

Repeat these 10 rows for the pattern.  

Not Ranked
Posts 4
theresa457 wrote
on Oct 3, 2011 6:38 AM

Oh thank you so much.  I will keep you posted on my progress.  My husband and I live in Maryland and are going to be leaving for Florida Sat. and I wanted a project that I could take with us.  Thanks so very much for your kindness and your time.  I'll be gone for 2 weeks with no access to email.  But will update you when I return.  Thanks again.

Sincerely,

Theresa Watson

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS