THE OFFICIAL CENTRAL PARK HOODIE KAL POST!

This post has 837 Replies | 17 Followers rated by 14 users
Top 500 Contributor
Posts 16
BigSmith wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 8:56 PM

SWEET!!!!

Not Ranked
Posts 4
Rachel@2 wrote
on Aug 14, 2009 11:43 PM

Hi

Have mean meaning to do this for a while, have yarn in mind but probably only enough to go sleeveless (budget constraints- having to use stash). Joined the Ravelry CPH KAL Group a while back, lots of info there. Now  will have to get swatching

Rachel

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Jade@108 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 2:24 AM

Hi again, just wondering about the bust size - I'm 32" bust and I read that 4 inches of ease is recommended, therefore should I knit the 36" size or is there some ease in the hoodie as it is?

Plus I'm new to the forum and was wondering what does it mean when your a follower of this thread and how do you become one?

Thanks for any help, Jade Smile

Jade from London :o)

Not Ranked
Posts 14
Jade@108 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 2:29 AM

Just thought of another question - what type of cast on should I use?

Thanks again for any help, Jade Smile

Jade from London :o)

Not Ranked
Posts 4
SusanP@62 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 6:06 AM

OK I was so excited my swatch worked with my stash!!!!  I'm on a roll, so I began my ribbing determined to finish it before I went to bed.  I was tired but done and pleased with my work when I realized...........  I used the size 8 needles instead of the size 6 (rip it, rip it).  Here I go again determined to get it done before I go to sleep tonight.  This time I am paying attention!!!!!!!!!

Suzi

Not Ranked
Posts 2
on Aug 15, 2009 6:20 AM

I have had this pattern in my "to do" file since the magazine came out and started my sweater about two weeks ago. How timely that you are doing a KAL! I look forward to some knitting company. I am using Galway Highland Heather wool. So far so good. 

Not Ranked
Posts 7
ilgirasole wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 7:15 AM

I've been wanting to make this sweater for a while, and am really excited to get started!   I found a nice green in Cascade 220 Superwash that I think I will use.   I'm considering knitting the body of the sweater all in one piece.  Does anyone have any strong options for or against this, or any advice?   For instance, will this possible affect my gauge?   

Not Ranked
Posts 6
on Aug 15, 2009 7:48 AM

Pattern is downloaded, yarn is ordered, and I'm really looking forward to my first KAL with you guys!

I've knit & crocheted lots of things before, sometimes swatching, sometimes not. Thank you SO much for someone's comment regarding the fact that they decided which size to do based on how their swatch came out. I always thought that you had to swatch in order to find out how to fix your gauge to match the pattern! Lovely to find out that's not the case.

Will probably fall behind in this, but will definitely be looking at all the posts. The yarn won't arrive until next week, I have a fantasy faire to sell and act at on Saturday (my first time vending!), and then a 2-day faire of the same ilk in October. (Sort of hoping that I'll have to start from ground zero because everything will sell out next weekend, but sort of scared that will happen, too!) And then there are the multiple projects already on needles, some for the faires and some for Christmas. Whee! Have been drooling over this pattern since it first came out, so I love having the excuse to drop a few other things to make it!

Oh, and someone was asking about a washable Merino. Swish Worsted from Knitpicks.com is 100% superwash merino -- have made several things with it, and it does wash well, providing you follow the care instructions!

Not Ranked
Posts 1
JocelynH@3 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 7:56 AM

Hi there,

A great choice! I started this project last year for my daughter and have yet to finish. This is perfect motivation for me to finish it up in time for Christmas.

Have fun everyone.

Not Ranked
Posts 6
SandraD@33 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 8:12 AM

I think a loose schedule will help keep me on track!  I have so many things on the go.... I tend to start fast and then jump back and forth between all my projects depending on the amount of attention I can give at the time.  This will help me finnish!

I have knit my swatch, decided I did not like the texture, I am using Berroco Ultra Alpaca in a blue/grey heather.  I am knitting my sweater on 4.5 mm needles and using the directions for one size bigger than I wanted to get the right size( I just did the math).

I am making it in one piece to the armholes, I finnished the ribbing and about 4 inches of the cables....all I can say is wow it is turning out better than I thought.  If I can figure out how to post a photo I will do that ASAP.

Sandra

Top 500 Contributor
Posts 22
LindaR@3 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 8:22 AM

Hello everyone,  I am very new to this posting and blogging so you may have to bare with me.  I am very excited about the Central Park Hoodie and have wanted to make it since it came out.  I will have to find some yarn first so I may be a little behind but I am ready to start.  Linda Robbins

Not Ranked
Posts 10
Emily@87 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 8:31 AM

ilgirasole good morning in my area it is 8:27am, in response to your concern with making the body in 1 piece, I made this sweater and did just that, it seemed to work very well.  I found that my gauge stayed the same but that I had about 1/2 inch or so of extra ease and I had no seams.  I am going to join the kal and do this sweater again and this time I will cast on 1 stitch less for each edge for a total of 4 stitches since that is what would be in the seam if I had to seam them together.  This should make the ease less, now if you want the extra room then you can just leave the stitches in and it works up quite beautifully - Emily

Emily Automobile

Top 100 Contributor
Posts 46
JanieW@4 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 8:31 AM

I am excited about the making the Central Park Hoodie.  I am not sure were to go to download the pattern or do I need to purchase it.  I have looked in my Fall 2006 Interweave Knits and I could not find it.  Can someone help me.

Thanks, JJ

Not Ranked
Posts 8
Kschulberg wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 8:36 AM

Whooohooo!  I'm swatched and started the back, it looks like this will go faster than I though.  I'm lovin' the long ribbing ;)

Kelley <3

Not Ranked
Posts 6
sarahjean77 wrote
on Aug 15, 2009 8:38 AM

Here is a link to buy the pattern.

Page 4 of 56 (838 items) « First ...  < Previous  2 3 4 5 6  Next >  ... Last » | RSS